First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Audi SQ5
Occupation
Business Owner
Guess we are Seattle metro after all...had our 1st mile experience today near Olympia. Not at all disappointed...now if only my guide would call...

The only real question I have is whether/how to get a 2nd fob. My wife and I would both like one.
Was it all 45 minutes driving or 20 minutes showing the car at home and 25 minute test drive? I’m planning a route and of course this info will make a difference. My test drive is tomorrow.
Sponsored

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
Was it all 45 minutes driving or 20 minutes showing the car at home and 25 minute test drive? I’m planning a route and of course this info will make a difference. My test drive is tomorrow.
It seemed like they were trained to let you set the pace. If you want to maximize your drive time, sit your butt in the driver's seat and tell your person "let's go!"

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
I think that's up to you...I felt like I was in control of the agenda/sequence. I asked to see some stuff that I'd read about in the manual and in forums and then said, "Let's go" and we went.

MotsuNabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra, MX-5
It’s really up to you. They actually showed up 15 mins early so we spent that time checking out the exterior, gear tunnel, etc. Then drove for a full 45 min door to door. I got to plan to route and we arrived 44 mins after we left. ;).

AleCS

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Audi SQ5
Occupation
Business Owner
Test drive was a success! 48 minutes split by 10 minutes looking at features and 38 drive on the backroads from Sammamish (Duthie) to Snoqualmie and back on I-90.

They brought the exact model I preordered so I felt like they were taking away my car at the end of the test drive. Here some photos of it.

Now wait……………………

Rivian R1T R1S Seattle First Mile Event -- FULL?! A957B6D7-58B7-4746-85C3-5870D146098E

Rivian R1T R1S Seattle First Mile Event -- FULL?! 1F6CA39F-4E27-4E65-910C-89CE8F793572

Rivian R1T R1S Seattle First Mile Event -- FULL?! 7205E2A2-4CC4-48E8-996D-8B61B7AA0EFB

Rivian R1T R1S Seattle First Mile Event -- FULL?! D0F250D5-5616-4D10-B016-90778E61E8BF

Rivian R1T R1S Seattle First Mile Event -- FULL?! 8F27C784-3D91-45DD-AAB3-EDBA76E5527E

Rivian R1T R1S Seattle First Mile Event -- FULL?! 118AE1E3-67D1-4FCC-84B2-6F87183B91C3

Rivian R1T R1S Seattle First Mile Event -- FULL?! 634FAFCD-5F9B-4DAA-9543-85CFCF290DD3

Sponsored

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
I'm surprised they're not using Dealer/Manufacturer plates for this. Looks like they have that plated as a sold unit even if its to themselves. They must be planning to use it for non-demonstration uses too (IE: loaner).

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I'm surprised they're not using Dealer/Manufacturer plates for this. Looks like they have that plated as a sold unit even if its to themselves. They must be planning to use it for non-demonstration uses too (IE: loaner).
That's interesting huh. I'll take it off their hands.

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
It probably has to do with not being a licensed dealer here in WA. Rivian probably can't get access to any WA dealer plates. The temp plate was actually for an IL registration.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
It probably has to do with not being a licensed dealer here in WA. Rivian probably can't get access to any WA dealer plates. The temp plate was actually for an IL registration.
I'm a bit surprised actually because I assume manufacturer plates (even if from IL) are just in a big pile and not vin-specific. In other words, they just grab one, but maybe not. So maybe it's a regular-issue Illinois plate, although it could still be manufacturer.

Sponsored

WhidbeyIsland

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Lexus RX350 & 2023 R1T
Occupation
Retired!
Resurrecting an old thread... I just received an invite for a First Mile/Test Drive event in Portland... A bit of a hike from Whidbey Island, WA.... but I guess if that is the only PNW event, I have to figure out how to make it work. I've pinged my Guide to see there are any Seattle First Mile events planned, but I doubt he will say if there is.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Yes, very old thread, things have changed significantly since this was first posted.

WA state does not allow Rivian to conduct test drives anymore because Rivian doesn't have a dealership in WA. Rivian was giving test drives for about six months, but sometime last spring - almost a year ago - Rivian had to stop offering First Mile drives in the Seattle area because of complaints from "real" dealers. Now you will have to go to Portland if you want a test drive.

WhidbeyIsland

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Lexus RX350 & 2023 R1T
Occupation
Retired!
Thanks-I must have missed that update in a later post. I just received a reply from my Guide who said the same thing, but in coded corporate speak. *but* he did say they are "working on it"...
Sponsored