Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw tdi golf -chevy SSR-997 Turbo S
Occupation
Design
I said this long ago

Donā€™t build another plant when you can increase capacity to 3 shifts at the same location.

What shift has the best quality output

GB

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I said this long ago

Donā€™t build another plant when you can increase capacity to 3 shifts at the same location.

What shift has the best quality output

GB
Yes they need to maximize their time. Not sure why they are looking at a third shirt when then are below 30% utilization. Each shift, when fully productive should be doing 30-33% of production .

0=====0

First Name
Rajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
O|||||||O and R1S LE 0====0
Occupation
Engineering
Now I get why R1s ramp has been so slow!
Line workers are also producing comms content! Lol

Sponsored

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
1st shift=production
2nd shift=production
3rd shift=comms content

Reactions: Guy

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Itā€™s just another marketing effort to help hire talent.

It looks like $20 an hour for non-union assembly line workers or $41,600 per year.

BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

Itā€™s a little bit of a challenge, but most of the time when I go home, I try to sleep for four hours and then I can focus a little bit on school. If I have to go to class, then I have time for two or three more hours of sleep before my shift starts at 9 p.m. Itā€™s just time management, so itā€™s not too bad.
I hope Junior is okay, that seems rough!

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter
I hope Junior is okay, that seems rough!
Speaking from experience in going back to school with 2 children(6 month old and a 3 year old), operating on little sleep with a full time job is rough! I hope rivian offers incentives/programs(one day) for employees going back to school, perhaps offering them internships/jobs once they complete.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Speaking from experience in going back to school with 2 children(6 month old and a 3 year old), operating on little sleep with a full time job is rough! I hope rivian offers incentives/programs(one day) for employees going back to school, perhaps offering them internships/jobs once they complete.
Maybe having tired employees is not a good idea given the number of egregious panel fitment issues on the S seen lately.

Sponsored

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
Yes they need to maximize their time. Not sure why they are looking at a third shirt when then are below 30% utilization. Each shift, when fully productive should be doing 30-33% of production .
My mobile service technician from ATL SC has also been to Normal plant, and says they are having a difficult time attracting qualified people to work in the Normal area...and since there is a new plant going up east of Atlanta, some are hoping to transfer there hoping for warmer winters!

Maybe they need to continue dropping some of their upper level management positions and increase the pay rate for the line workers closer to Union Labot rates, and maybe this will jump start the Normal plant to where it should be!

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

My mobile service technician from ATL SC has also been to Normal plant, and says they are having a difficult time attracting qualified people to work in the Normal area...and since there is a new plant going up east of Atlanta, some are hoping to transfer there hoping for warmer winters!

Maybe they need to continue dropping some of their upper level management positions and increase the pay rate for the line workers closer to Union Labot rates, and maybe this will jump start the Normal plant to where it should be!
I can understand why they are having a hard time recruiting and this recent recruitment push. They should be paid more than $20 an hour since you can get that or close to working at Target or Amazon and this is a more skilled job.

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
In some parts of the country, $15 is minimum wage. $20 an hour is from 1996.
Sponsored