Sponsored

AC Fan cycling excessively?

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
Wondering if anyone else has experienced their AC fan, or compressor, cycling on and off excessively? Mine cycles on every 10 seconds and runs for about 3 seconds.

Does not matter about the AC temperature setting or if I’m in drive or park. The only way to stop this is to turn AC off.

Before I go to dealer, Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
Sponsored

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I wouldn't say excessively for me but mine will kick on and off on auto when I accidentally press it because I never run auto lol

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
Mine does, excessive? well - yeah I'd say more than I've ever heard in a vehicle. I can hear it in my with the windows up at a stop light... does cycle a lot, doesn't matter the setting of my HVAC either... HVAC could be off and it cycles - agree seems like a lot.... maybe because of the turbo? was going to ask about it at my first service.

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Solar Octane Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Mine does, excessive? well - yeah I'd say more than I've ever heard in a vehicle. I can hear it in my with the windows up at a stop light... does cycle a lot, doesn't matter the setting of my HVAC either... HVAC could be off and it cycles - agree seems like a lot.... maybe because of the turbo? was going to ask about it at my first service.
I know one of the new things they did on this engine was put some valves for the engine cooling so they can control when coolant cycles through the cabin climate control that way it's not sending hot coolant through when it's not trying to heat, etc. This may be what you're hearing?

OP
OP

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
I know one of the new things they did on this engine was put some valves for the engine cooling so they can control when coolant cycles through the cabin climate control that way it's not sending hot coolant through when it's not trying to heat, etc. This may be what you're hearing?
Could be. Based on the other replies, this does seem to be by design. I’ll probably due as Sner planned, and ask about this when I have the truck in for service.

Mai reason I asked was because I didn’t recall hearing this until the last 2 weeks. Started around 1000 miles, best I can tell.

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No it's cooling fans for sure cycling on and off... one good thing, glad someone asked the question - at least it's something we are all listening to.

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could be. Based on the other replies, this does seem to be by design. I’ll probably due as Sner planned, and ask about this when I have the truck in for service.

Mai reason I asked was because I didn’t recall hearing this until the last 2 weeks. Started around 1000 miles, best I can tell.
mine did it from day 1 - and it now has 1500km on it. To what @mitchfon said, I notice a shake in mine as well at times.

PaulT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco Sport 4WD
I get the same occasional shake but fan cycling seems unremarkable at this point. Temperature gauge holds steady. I’m in SC where we’ve hit the upper 80’s already.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I don't notice any shaking and I've been sitting out in mine fiddling for a long time trying to figure out why the upper vents whistle slightly when ac is on :cautious:. When I first bought the truck I did notice it was on 'auto' and the thing would constantly be on/off cycling. I turned 'auto' off immediately.

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Well is it the fan, or the compressor?
Sponsored