First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3 Long Range, Range Rover
Occupation
President, Manufacturing
We have tonneau covers for the Rivian R1T complete and ready to ship. Composed of three panels that slide into the track perfectly, no wind noise, and store in the gear tunnel. It is a composite material with a carbon fiber wrap. Panels are super rigid and only weigh 6 lbs each. These are American made in the Midwest. Please let me know if you have any questions. https://tail-lidz.myshopify.com

Rivian R1T R1S Aftermarket Rivian R1T Tonneau Cover by Tail Lidz IMG_1099

Rivian R1T R1S Aftermarket Rivian R1T Tonneau Cover by Tail Lidz IMG_1098

Rivian R1T R1S Aftermarket Rivian R1T Tonneau Cover by Tail Lidz Ima
Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Looks good. Do panels fit in the gear tunnel? How durable is the wrap?

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Those look good, especially with the black trim. 2 questions:

1. Is it possible to get without the logo? No offense, just prefer a cleaner look.
2. How is water intrusion/waterproofing for these?

OP
OP
Boldonb@TailLidz

Boldonb@TailLidz

Site Sponsor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
President, Manufacturing
Looks good. Do panels fit in the gear tunnel? How durable is the wrap?
Thanks! Yes the panels fit in the gear tunnel. I have had my cover on for almost a year in snow, ice, summer heat, and dusty conditions and it still looks like new. We use a carbon fiber wove vehicle wrap that has been very good. I believe that we will also be adding the option to recover the panels as well if they do happen incur damage.

OP
OP
Boldonb@TailLidz

Boldonb@TailLidz

Site Sponsor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
President, Manufacturing
Those look good, especially with the black trim. 2 questions:

1. Is it possible to get without the logo? No offense, just prefer a cleaner look.
2. How is water intrusion/waterproofing for these?
1. Yes, the only one that has the logo is our company truck. We were playing around with the idea of offering custom logos for customers. Say if you wanted a company logo or anything else.
2. The bed stays dry in rain and carwashes. I would say that it is weather resistant and our customers have had great luck with it.

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
1. Yes, the only one that has the logo is our company truck. We were playing around with the idea of offering custom logos for customers. Say if you wanted a company logo or anything else.
2. The bed stays dry in rain and carwashes. I would say that it is weather resistant and our customers have had great luck with it.
Thank you - these look great. I am STILL waiting for my manual cover from Rivian but if it doesn't meet my needs I'll give these a serious look. Probably the best looking one I've seen so far.

OP
OP
Boldonb@TailLidz

Boldonb@TailLidz

Site Sponsor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
President, Manufacturing
Thank you - these look great. I am STILL waiting for my manual cover from Rivian but if it doesn't meet my needs I'll give these a serious look. Probably the best looking one I've seen so far.
Thanks! Really appreciate that.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I agree. Has a great look and if it’s water resistant that is a huge plus. Price is very reasonable IMO. I’m in the same boat as @DTown3011 . Waiting for the manual I ordered with my truck, but I’m already considering selling it and getting something else.

What kind of weight can it support?

OP
OP
Boldonb@TailLidz

Boldonb@TailLidz

Site Sponsor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
President, Manufacturing
I agree. Has a great look and if it’s water resistant that is a huge plus. Price is very reasonable IMO. I’m in the same boat as @DTown3011 . Waiting for the manual I ordered with my truck, but I’m already considering selling it and getting something else.

What kind of weight can it support?
Ours are designed to be lightweight, but rigid. They weigh in at 6 lbs per panel so they are very easy to pull out and store for pretty much anyone. We have not tested to failure, but they can easily support 60 lbs in the center of each panel. Snow load, setting groceries, etc. is no problem at all. A lot of people as if you could stand on them, but I guess I never saw the point.....
Thanks!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Ours are designed to be lightweight, but rigid. They weigh in at 6 lbs per panel so they are very easy to pull out and store for pretty much anyone. We have not tested to failure, but they can easily support 60 lbs in the center of each panel. Snow load, setting groceries, etc. is no problem at all. A lot of people as if you could stand on them, but I guess I never saw the point.....
Thanks!
Yeah, that was all I was thinking about - if some gear or groceries could temporarily be set on it. Thank you!

Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Thanks! Yes the panels fit in the gear tunnel. I have had my cover on for almost a year in snow, ice, summer heat, and dusty conditions and it still looks like new. We use a carbon fiber wove vehicle wrap that has been very good. I believe that we will also be adding the option to recover the panels as well if they do happen incur damage.
Instead of wrap, I would suggest a durable epoxy-based paint. And if any branding at all, laser etching would look more premium than a sticker.

OP
OP
Boldonb@TailLidz

Boldonb@TailLidz

Site Sponsor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
President, Manufacturing
Instead of wrap, I would suggest a durable epoxy-based paint. And if any branding at all, laser etching would look more premium than a sticker.
Thanks! Yes we looked into coatings, but the consensus from our current customers was that they preferred the better look of the current carbon fiber wrap. The sticker was just to gauge interest in customer logos. We have a brand new CNC being custom built right now for more production and possibly adding laser etching capabilities as well.

We are always exploring more options though and appreciate the feedback. Thanks - Brian

ThumprMN

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Professional
Clubs

Mmm… highly intriguing. I’m leaving on a road trip on the 11th. If I ordered soon, would they need a long time to make/ship, or is there inventory ready to go?

OP
OP
Boldonb@TailLidz

Boldonb@TailLidz

Site Sponsor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
President, Manufacturing
Mmm… highly intriguing. I’m leaving on a road trip on the 11th. If I ordered soon, would they need a long time to make/ship, or is there inventory ready to go?
We have inventory ready to go in shipping. If you placed an order today it should ship tomorrow since UPS already picked up today. 2-3 day shipping depending on where it is going. Thanks!