First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
Fine, If that's a deal killer, then keep your Tesla and move on.
Sigh, why do forums always need to be like this. Same old stuff as the Tesla forums (and hint, that's not good)

My point, for those that missed it, is that you should be able to update your car anywhere and lock/unlock the car at any time. Locking you out during an update (or not allowing you to lock) is not good form so i'd recommend they'd update it.

And no, its not a deal breaker, just not ideal.

JohnB R1T

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Certified Public Accountant
My point, for those that missed it, is that you should be able to update your car anywhere and lock/unlock the car at any time. Locking you out during an update (or not allowing you to lock) is not good form so i'd recommend they'd update it.
Give a little thought to the notion that, during an update...it is possible...just possible, that all of the functions of your app/vehicle "might" not be available at any given moment.

Now give a little thought to the notion that maybe...just maybe...this is something that wasn't spelled out to you by Tesla. After all, most of us are familiar with computer and/or phone OS updates. How much functionality do you expect during THOSE re-boots?

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Sigh, why do forums always need to be like this. Same old stuff as the Tesla forums (and hint, that's not good)

And no, its not a deal breaker, just not ideal.
I got your point. Forums can be uncivilized at times.

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
Give a little thought to the notion that, during an update...it is possible...just possible, that all of the functions of your app/vehicle "might" not be available at any given moment.

Now give a little thought to the notion that maybe...just maybe...this is something that wasn't spelled out to you by Tesla. After all, most of us are familiar with computer and/or phone OS updates. How much functionality do you expect during THOSE re-boots?
For a high availability system, you know the kind that needs to handle interruptions so as not to crash (like enterprise systems of the type i've been building designing for decades, and cars), i'd expect redundancy.

Sponsored

JohnB R1T

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Certified Public Accountant
and I think that most people would find your expectations of "total redundancy" and availability to be unreasonable.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
For a high availability system, you know the kind that needs to handle interruptions so as not to crash (like enterprise systems of the type i've been building designing for decades, and cars), i'd expect redundancy.
I will say the locks mostly work on a Tesla during the update but I have had occasion on my Model S where it was at a point in the update I could not get in.

I do not know how often and how long as I typically start the update at home and just let it go so do not check it often. A couple of times I needed to get something out I had left on the backseat and had to wait.

hungrycaterpillar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I'm still on 6.2 and no notice to update to the hotfix 6.5. I may hold off until the next monthly update. Been reading some issues folks have been reporting after the hotfix was applied.
I am avoiding it like the plague. I've seen too many owners reporting 'bricking' after this update, so I'll pass for now.
What issues have you seen and where have you seen them? I went looking for info on this update (RF/ROF/reddit) before taking it and didn't see any reports of problems.

that's a courtesy wipe, it's supposed to occur when they sense dust / debris on the windshield, I'm not saying it works well, just saying don't freak out nothing's broken.
Why do they think we want bugs and dry debris smeared around the windshield? I never run the wiper without fluid, either washer fluid or rain.

AYAYRON

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
What issues have you seen and where have you seen them? I went looking for info on this update (RF/ROF/reddit) before taking it and didn't see any reports of problems.

Why do they think we want bugs and dry debris smeared around the windshield? I never run the wiper without fluid, either washer fluid or rain.

Beats me, I don’t like it either, apparently other companies do this too, so I’m sure they added thinking it’s a premium feature

kewlasu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LA Silver Adventure Large Pack 21"
Clubs

I believe folks here and on Rivian Stories forum have reported their battery drained or truck would not respond after the last hotfix was applied. Could be coincidence but since I still have not been notified my truck needs it, I'll b just waiting for the next update.
Sponsored