Sponsored

Anyone know if "Pet Comfort Mode" locks windows?

Ecupip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Audi, and 2 Jeeps
I haven't used pet mode yet but would it be better to simply walk away from the vehicle and turn the AC on from the app? This would lock all the windows I presume? You can also check the app to make sure the temp is reflecting that the AC is on.
You'd lose the "My pet is comfortable" banner on the main screen and could be subjected to nosey people calling the law on you.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Laserboy1054

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

You'd lose the "My pet is comfortable" banner on the main screen and could be subjected to nosey people calling the law on you.
I'm in the process if making little signs to hang in the windows indicating the same thing. There are several of these available commercially, but I decided a few minutes with a word processor and some cheap crafting supplies would get me what I want. Someone freaking out because they're sure my dog is close to becoming medium-rare might well miss the dash display. Frankly, I'd thank the person who smashed my window based on a legitimate concern for the dog's safety--that is, after I got done screaming horrible things at them! (Okay, it would probably take me _weeks_ to calm down enough to thank them--and I might get tasered a couple of times first.) I figure something easily attached to windows could save us from an unfortunate misunderstanding.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I haven't used pet mode yet but would it be better to simply walk away from the vehicle and turn the AC on from the app? This would lock all the windows I presume? You can also check the app to make sure the temp is reflecting that the AC is on.
Pet mode stays on until it is turned off or the battery dies. Remote starting the AC will only run for 15-20 minutes and then turn off.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Had that happen a few weeks ago, even with the Pet Mode graphic on the main screen. Police were like, we got a call about a dog in a car without the engine or AC running.....

Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Had that happen a few weeks ago, even with the Pet Mode graphic on the main screen. Police were like, we got a call about a dog in a car without the engine or AC running.....
This is exactly why I taught my dog sign language.

UPDATE: Sorry for the "off topic" link below. Not my dog, but wow what a story!

Cole

Last edited:

Surferdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Pet mode stays on until it is turned off or the battery dies. Remote starting the AC will only run for 15-20 minutes and then turn off.
Mine doesn't shut off in 15-20 mins. I don't know how long it will run for but it's definitely more than 20 mins.

Surferdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Tying or sticking a little piece of string or streamer in front of any air vent will show anyone outside the air is blowing. But I would be amazed if anyone outside can't hear the super loud ac compressor running. If this doesn't clue anyone in that the AC is running, the screen banner would likely be useless.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Tying or sticking a little piece of string or streamer in front of any air vent will show anyone outside the air is blowing. But I would be amazed if anyone outside can't hear the super loud ac compressor running. If this doesn't clue anyone in that the AC is running, the screen banner would likely be useless.
The AC doesn't run on a 100% duty cycle and once things are cool, it doesn't have to run nearly so hard to maintain - especially if it is overcast outside. When someone called the police for a pet welfare check on our dog, it was early evening about 90 out and overcast. When I went out to the vehicle with the officer, there was no audible noise. The person who called the police had just reported that there was a dog locked in the vehicle and the engine wasn't running... which just goes to show there is still tremendous ignorance about EVs.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Mine doesn't shut off in 15-20 mins. I don't know how long it will run for but it's definitely more than 20 mins.
Since you don't know how long it actually runs, let me assure you, it will time out. Pet mode exists for a reason and it's not just the notification on the display.
Sponsored