Sponsored

Back-and-forth between R1T (quad-motor) vs. Cybertruck (tri-motor)

Epicloop

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I was hell-bent on going with the CB up until recently. Now I'm considering just going with the R1T in quad configuration. I'd be curious to hear opinions from others that went through this conversation in their head.

Background: I have plenty of experience offroading and working with trucks. I already have a dedicated vehicle -- a Toyota Tundra (supercharged V8) -- that I use for recreation and truck things or for towing. So I wouldn't really be getting either EV to replace that and it'd be more for a daily driver and hobby vehicle
I am curious what has changed you mind about CT recently?
I am also curious what sort of mpg or range you get out of your Tundra with that trailer?
I replaced a 07 Tundra (260k & blown tranny) with a R1S & have a CT T/M & R1T MP on order.
What is your application of a hobby vehicle?

Since the CT T/M fell so short of expectations I have pretty much written that off but not canceled. The R1T that I ordered is also not what was advertised either so have been holding steady.

I think the CT pricing is going to seriously drop in the next 2 years which may change my mind. I do like the seemingly durable body panel's. I am waiting to see the overall customer use cases & satisfaction. I don't like the charge port location or huge box under the bumper amongst the many other concerns that are being posted online.

I also wonder if the Rivian QM- MP(165+kwh maybe, I can dream) Ascend will come out this year.

Personally am leaning in the R1T direction after seeing the reviews & additional range advantage. Also the A/T tire size difference between the two is only 1" (34" vs 35").

I guess the Hummer EV is not an option for you?
Sponsored