Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
975 what in the world?! That’s cheap.
They did charge me an extra $19.01 for using a CC online, initial price of my R1S was 79k. Here is the breakdown of fees, this is in Orange County.

Rivian R1T R1S CA DMV renewal work around IMG_3505

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Gladiator, Porsche GT4, and a bunch of bikes
Clubs

Dealing with this again. Last year I was able to figure out the process and had hoped this year I would get then notice. Luckily I remembered in time and will go to AAA tomorrow to figure it out.
But I really believe that many of our R1Ts have been misfile/miscategorized with the DMV hence the hefty fee in CA. My other pickup trucks have never had this problem in the past and this is not my first car over 6600 lbs. I really wish RIVIAN would do a bit of fact finding into this with the DMV. This, added to the ridiculous cost of insuring these cars really jacks up the total cost of ownership.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
Dealing with this again. Last year I was able to figure out the process and had hoped this year I would get then notice. Luckily I remembered in time and will go to AAA tomorrow to figure it out.
But I really believe that many of our R1Ts have been misfile/miscategorized with the DMV hence the hefty fee in CA. My other pickup trucks have never had this problem in the past and this is not my first car over 6600 lbs. I really wish RIVIAN would do a bit of fact finding into this with the DMV. This, added to the ridiculous cost of insuring these cars really jacks up the total cost of ownership.
My Ram 2500 at 7800lbs is very close to the weight of my R1T. Their DMV weight fees are similar.

TheLTrain

First Name
Leyen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Ford Escape Hybrid
Resurrecting this thread - has anyone seen a renewal fee this high before for R1T? This is shocking!
Rivian R1T R1S CA DMV renewal work around IMG_8507

Sponsored

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
Resurrecting this thread - has anyone seen a renewal fee this high before for R1T? This is shocking!
IMG_8507.jpeg
That is about $500 high. Did they not give you a breakdown of the fees?

TheLTrain

First Name
Leyen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Ford Escape Hybrid
That is about $500 high. Did they not give you a breakdown of the fees?
That’s what I was gathering from this thread. No breakdown provided, just a link to provide payment. Responded asking for a breakdown, but not optimistic about a raise from the virtual dmv service 😬

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
That’s what I was gathering from this thread. No breakdown provided, just a link to provide payment. Responded asking for a breakdown, but not optimistic about a raise from the virtual dmv service 😬
Renewal for me in 2023 was $1180
2024 was $1169

I had to go to AAA again to do it, DMV online doesn't work, no renewal notice
Sponsored