Can't play music via Alexa using linked Tidal

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S LE Canyon Red
Anyone successful playing music via Alexa when it is linked to a Tidal account? When I tell it to play a song it does the first note and stops, it also displays the song on my screen left screen. This happens every time. Tidal works fine in the car through the app and at home on my echoes. If I tell it to play a song from Amazon music it works fine. I get Tidal free with T-Mobile and it works fine in the Tesla and everywhere else.
Sponsored

Horseytime

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LA Silver 20" AT- Launch Edition
Unfortunately there are many Alexa limitations in the Rivian. Also, there are many bugs in Rivian's software I encounter daily. This is also one of those, I have the same experience as you.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
This has been broken since January.

Rivian doesn’t seem to think it’s important. It is a daily annoyance, for me.

OP
OP

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You can also try another way to play Tidal music on Alexa. That's to use DRmare Tidal Music Converter for Windows/Mac to convert and save Tidal audio to your mobile phone. Then you can stream Tidal songs to Alexa from your phone with ease.
Tidal plays just fine from the car app or streamed over Bluetooth. It just can't play with voice commands.

iforbes

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
APRN
Clubs

I had the same problem. With the latest software it now plays. But it doesn’t show the “Tidal” icon, it shows an “Alexa” icon.
And the app kind of sucks it or I just don’t understand how to use it. If I ask it to play music it only plays one random genre. There is no way to create a station based on a song or group. It plays the same group of songs over and over.
Sounds great but I am not a fan. In case anyone is interested 🤣

Sponsored

OP
OP

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had the same problem. With the latest software it now plays. But it doesn’t show the “Tidal” icon, it shows an “Alexa” icon.
And the app kind of sucks it or I just don’t understand how to use it. If I ask it to play music it only plays one random genre. There is no way to create a station based on a song or group. It plays the same group of songs over and over.
Sounds great but I am not a fan. In case anyone is interested 🤣
So are you able to ask it to play a specific song or artist?