Sponsored

[CT] How long to get your plates from the DMV?

Smeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (Quad Motor, Granite
Occupation
physician
Hi all!

Picked up my R1S in Brooklyn 3 weeks ago. I have temp tags until mid December. Just curious how long it generally takes to receive your plates from the CT DMV when Rivian does all the leg work for you.

Any other CT people?
Sponsored

Norwalk_David

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Sales
Hi all!

Picked up my R1S in Brooklyn 3 weeks ago. I have temp tags until mid December. Just curious how long it generally takes to receive your plates from the CT DMV when Rivian does all the leg work for you.

Any other CT people?
It took quite a while. Unfortunately, Rivian dropped the ball, I'd expect that you'll have to make an appointment and do it yourself. Rivian failed to pay the CT tax; I'm still waiting for the tax refund. I spent 3-hours at DMV before I could talk to a Rivian human being to verify that the tax had not been paid. Turns out they knew for quite some time but never notified me.

I love my R1S but the company, right now, feels like a bunch of kids.

RNFinCA

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RT1
Occupation
Retired
Forever. Crazy CA calls the RT1 a commercial vehicle. Just more completely unnecessary bureaucracy.

OnePedaler

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ford Explorer
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Hi all!

Any other CT people?
We got our plates at 4 weeks. Picked up in Cleveland OH on Aug 24 and drove home to Black Hills SD. Sept 28 plates arrived in mail. Still waiting on Title. I was skeptical that Rivian would get this right and very much just wanted to do myself. But, it went very smoothly.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Smeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
physician
Hm, i thought it was pretty clear from my post in the New England sub forum and that i wrote CT several times in my post that i was talking about CT šŸ˜‚

OP
OP

Smeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
physician
Just to circle back, took about 9 weeks to get my plates from connecticut DMV.

cjg817

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T & Audi Q5
Just to circle back, took about 9 weeks to get my plates from connecticut DMV.
What did you use for plates while they were ā€˜in transitā€™ from DMV? Iā€™m in the process of buying a used R1T from a dealer in Massachusetts and they donā€™t do temp plates so Iā€™m supposed to get my DMV appointment and then meet them at CT DMV???? Very strange. Iā€™m also looking into possibly canceling that purchase and getting a Demo from the Chelsea SC but wonder how that registration would be handled as well.
Sponsored