Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I didn't know there were still archaic laws requiring new cars be sold with a spare tire! Do these laws also require the cars to be equipped with an emergency hand-crank starter?
Oh cool, your cybertruck came with two mountain bikes in the bed? One for you and one for your strawman I assume?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I read the recall documents. I'd actually really like to know why the testing current was "too high". Who specified that current for the test and why? Was it based off simulated maximum output to properly clear the windshield in a snowstorm or was it dart-board-engineering? Is it even possible for the current delivered while in the vehicle to approach the original testing levels?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

Potentially f-ing up the new Cybertruck? I think that's the point here, they didn't f-up anything, the Cybertruck carried the 5000 lb. load just fine. The Rivian probably would have been totaled (assuming the pallet of concrete would have even fit in the bed). A pallet of hollow concrete blocks? Mostly air!

I notice you are a mountain biker. I have a XL framed Cross-Country 29'er I put under the lockable tonneau cover of the Cybertrucks huge bed (it will hold at least 2). And that's without so much as taking a tire off or pulling a wrench out of the toolkit.

How do you transport your MTB bikes in the Rivian?
Congrats on your game changing Cybertruck’s ability to transport mountain bikes the same way as my 1996 Subaru Outback. Piled in the back, locked under the hatch. :like:

Sponsored

HopefullyR1S

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback
Occupation
SAHD

Good video of all of the times Telsa leadership lied about the capabilities of its vehicles.
Long video because there were a lot if lies.

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 12 Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Ast HR Director
A couple totalled CT's..

The first one I get.. The airbags are stupid expensive.

I bet there is 10k or more in AirBags to replace, plus the SRS module, and you still have not even gotten to the body work.

The second one... Yea.

https://electrek.co/2024/06/24/totaled-tesla-cybertruck/

RivianRunner

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck DM, F-150, Suzuki DR650
Occupation
Tester
I read the recall documents. I'd actually really like to know why the testing current was "too high". Who specified that current for the test and why? Was it based off simulated maximum output to properly clear the windshield in a snowstorm or was it dart-board-engineering? Is it even possible for the current delivered while in the vehicle to approach the original testing levels?
The wiper motor supplier did resistance testing to ensure all wiper motor and integrated controllers met Tesla specs. The current was marginal for the power transistor of the motor controller and thus some transistors may have overheat damage from the testing protocol. It sounds like the supplier either miscalculated when calibrating the resistance of the test equipment (over Tesla's specs) or used too light duty of a transistor (to meet Tesla's specs).

My wiper has a couple of hours of operation, and it works fine, but I think Tesla is going to replace it anyway, just in case the transistor has hidden overheat damage.

RivianRunner

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tester

Good video of all of the times Telsa leadership lied about the capabilities of its vehicles.
Long video because there were a lot if lies.
I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "lie". Tesla leadership did not "lie" about any of the capabilities of the Cybertruck.

RivianRunner

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tester
Congrats on your game changing Cybertruck’s ability to transport mountain bikes the same way as my 1996 Subaru Outback. Piled in the back, locked under the hatch. :like:
So you are admitting your 1996 Subaru Outback could transport bikes more securely than a late-model Rivian R1T?

O.K.

Just know that my 29'er eMTB with an X-Large frame would not fit in the back of a 1996 Subaru Outback under the hatch. It's huge. But it fits under the Cybertruck's tonneau cover. Nice!

Sponsored

RivianRunner

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tester
A couple totalled CT's..

The first one I get.. The airbags are stupid expensive.

I bet there is 10k or more in AirBags to replace, plus the SRS module, and you still have not even gotten to the body work.

The second one... Yea.

https://electrek.co/2024/06/24/totaled-tesla-cybertruck/
On the first one, the higher the salvage value, the easier it is to total the vehicle. And I bet that Cybertruck has a salvage value over $30K. That's more than some brand new cars sell for off the lot!

On a recent episode of Wham Bam Tesla Cam there is a two-car accident where a Cybertruck hit a passenger car that didn't see it coming and pulled out right in front of it. The car is obviously totaled, just demolished, and the Cybertruck damage looks to be some very minor scratches on the plastic bumper cover. It basically looks brand new.

Cybertruck is one tough truck!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

So you are admitting your 1996 Subaru Outback could transport bikes more securely than a late-model Rivian R1T?

O.K.

Just know that my 29'er eMTB with an X-Large frame would not fit in the back of a 1996 Subaru Outback under the hatch. It's huge. But it fits under the Cybertruck's tonneau cover. Nice!
Didn’t say that at all. Using a bike rack or the tailgate is actually the most convenient way to transport bikes in all my years of riding. And while it’s not 100% secure (nothing is), the gear guard cables give you enough time to stop and go to the bathroom.

Dumping your bike in the bed of your fugly and dysfunctional truck because the tailgate is unusable and bike racks aren’t an option only highlights again how many design failures it comes with.

Keep spinning.

Last edited:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

and bike racks aren’t an option
The ease of putting bikes up on the bed rack on my Rivian is amazing. Gear tunnel doors folding down makes putting them over the cab not as problematic as it would be otherwise. I'd probably be comfortable putting up to 5 bikes in either position but the roof ones would be a little annoying.

I ride in crappy weather, so I don't really care that they aren't protected from the elements on the rack. The longer gear guard cable allows me to lock them up on the cab too.

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
step 1: stop feeding the troll.
step 2: ignore button.
step 3: enjoy troll free cyberstuck gifs as he shouts into the void.
Sponsored