AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
I've attached a photo of the lobby, if anyone cares. My belief that if REI & Tesla had a baby, Rivian would be the result, still holds true. Not sure how long they've been open, I'm guessing just a week or two, there's still construction teams on-site (they're located here).

Our truck was in for issues reported during delivery (we opted to wait for Dallas to open, rather than truck it to Houston), and for a roof replacement (cracked when my wife knocked the shark fin off when backing into the garage a bit too enthusiastically).

Anyway, the overall experience was about on par with Tesla, i.e. nothing remotely special. I still don't have an actual final invoice showing payment, every time they'd send me a link, the document didn't have permissions for me to view/sign (same via the app). There was much confusion over the actual work needed for the roof, so many phone calls, all of which were with someone that didn't really quite understand the issue or what was going on. Sometimes it's just better to speak to the tech working on the vehicle, but that wasn't an option. Truck wasn't cleaned, if anything it was quite a bit dirtier than when delivered, fingerprints everywhere, and since it was parked in a temporary lot, very dusty. Luckily the tonneau cover hasn't ever worked, so no chance of screwing that up 😳

The handover was literally just that, no walk around checking off the (14) items on the work order, just pulled up, said here you go, and that was that. On the upside, as best I can tell, all of the issues (which were all minor, aside from the roof) seem to have been addressed. Uber credits were provided in lieu of a loaner.

I wouldn't describe any of this as a premium experience, hopefully it's just teething issues from having just opened.

Rivian R1T R1S Dallas Service Center Experience/Photo IMG_0117.JPG
Sponsored

SilverII

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I was there last week for my pickup. Now they have a table on the back wall where you can get water and coffee.