Deposit Mistake

Purkinje

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
So I bought a demo r1t early March. Love the truck. My guide at the time made a mistake and said I had to put down a second deposit and that the first would be refunded. Just checked a month later and the deposit was never refunded. Sent an email and message to my new guide with no response 48 hours later. Coincidentally it happens that they messed up the POA paperwork for my trade in and they messaged me asking if they could FedEx so I could sign and return asap. I asked them about my deposit and they forwarded a message to my guide who got back to me. He said the original guide who was supposed to take care of the refund never did it. He also says that it'll now take an additional 6-8 wks for me to get my refund. It just seems at such odds that they want me to get their POA stuff done asap so they can get their money for the trade in yet I'm on the hook waiting for a refund that's owed to me 3 months after it was promised. I'm also worried that fast forward 2 months and them not needing anything from me with having them just ghost me again about the refund. Thoughts?

Mentioned on reddit but I think I'll hold off on signing anything they are asking for until they refund me the deposit they had promised
Sponsored

Lord Leroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t
Yup. Good luck. Rivian over charged me $1000 for my truck and they are even the ones who caught it. Took 10 weeks to finally get the check. Also, they charged me for something in gear shop that wasn’t delivered. Took 5 months to get a refund.

OP
OP

Purkinje

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Yup. Good luck. Rivian over charged me $1000 for my truck and they are even the ones who caught it. Took 10 weeks to finally get the check. Also, they charged me for something in gear shop that wasn’t delivered. Took 5 months to get a refund.
That's ridiculous

ssbmx90

First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sti, Tesla
Occupation
Secret
Threaten legal action, BBB, LinkedIn profiles etc, they will go faster

Magicbus

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Performance R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Occupation
Retired
Wow. I returned a charger I bought before they gave me a free one in December and had Ă  credit on my CC the day after they received it

Sponsored

DenisRL

First Name
Denis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline, Lexus 250 AWD
Occupation
retired
Clubs

So I bought a demo r1t early March. Love the truck. My guide at the time made a mistake and said I had to put down a second deposit and that the first would be refunded. Just checked a month later and the deposit was never refunded. Sent an email and message to my new guide with no response 48 hours later. Coincidentally it happens that they messed up the POA paperwork for my trade in and they messaged me asking if they could FedEx so I could sign and return asap. I asked them about my deposit and they forwarded a message to my guide who got back to me. He said the original guide who was supposed to take care of the refund never did it. He also says that it'll now take an additional 6-8 wks for me to get my refund. It just seems at such odds that they want me to get their POA stuff done asap so they can get their money for the trade in yet I'm on the hook waiting for a refund that's owed to me 3 months after it was promised. I'm also worried that fast forward 2 months and them not needing anything from me with having them just ghost me again about the refund. Thoughts?

Mentioned on reddit but I think I'll hold off on signing anything they are asking for until they refund me the deposit they had promised
It took just over three months for me to get my refund and then they short changed me by $300. I’ve written my guide and customer service and have not gotten reply from either.

OP
OP

Purkinje

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
It took just over three months for me to get my refund and then they short changed me by $300. I’ve written my guide and customer service and have not gotten reply from either.
so frustrating, isn't it?

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
I had a service appointment that the service manager said was going to be comp'd, only to have the technician bill it. He said a refund had to go through Rivian corporate and it took a few weeks for a check to he shipped to me. I think it is just a paper hassle they have to deal with for any refunds, not a time friendly procedure.

Drathen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, M3P
Occupation
IT
I had a service appointment that the service manager said was going to be comp'd, only to have the technician bill it. He said a refund had to go through Rivian corporate and it took a few weeks for a check to he shipped to me. I think it is just a paper hassle they have to deal with for any refunds, not a time friendly procedure.
Was this for warranty work?

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Was this for warranty work?
It was at the service center for extended warranty work and they threw in some complimentary service that incidentally got charged.

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
What's extended warranty? Is this different from the normal warranty?
Extended duration = it was there 2 weeks: SC shipped the part the wrong way from Normal and it delayed the whole job.
Sponsored