Sponsored

Emblems - They're going away (again!)

Kelvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I got PPF as well, factory emblems removed, they're sitting in my desk. I currently have full set of black with yellow accent on the R1S and plan to move to just satin on the large tailgate emblem. The rest will stay black with yellow accent.
Sponsored

Noplacelikeloam

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Creative management
Clubs

Reporting back here to say thanks to the abstract ocean team for helping me in here and quickly replacing a faulty emblem. Really good service! Nice work!

Looking good again. And I can also share that after having take an AO emblem off to replace it, whatever glue they are using is strong, very, very strong. ;-)

Rivian R1T R1S Emblems - They're going away (again!) IMG_3643

gregtay

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S LS/OC, '21 Escalade, '13 RS5 Cab
Have you seen this before? What could be cause? improper plastic mixture?
Did you happen to park on the south side of a newer two story home? Low E windows can cause a reflection from the second story down to the driveway or street and it can get hot enough to melt just about anything. it's insane what the sun can do if reflected down to your car. There are many posts out there of people experiencing melted plastic bits on their cars, and it usually ends up being from the house/windows. A few years ago I had my house windows melt the carpet in my Malibu boat (thankfully it was snap in carpet).

Windows reflecting sunlight, melting car parts and vinyl siding on homes (wcpo.com)

Noplacelikeloam

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Creative management
Clubs

Did you happen to park on the south side of a newer two story home? Low E windows can cause a reflection from the second story down to the driveway or street and it can get hot enough to melt just about anything. it's insane what the sun can do if reflected down to your car. There are many posts out there of people experiencing melted plastic bits on their cars, and it usually ends up being from the house/windows. A few years ago I had my house windows melt the carpet in my Malibu boat (thankfully it was snap in carpet).

Windows reflecting sunlight, melting car parts and vinyl siding on homes (wcpo.com)
Nope. Just odd.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus

Uh… It wasn’t me?

Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Advertising Circus
That's obviously not normal. Please reach out to support and they'll get this sorted out.
Received my order, but the hood badge is all black with no yellow accents. Was there a mixup? Product change?

OP
OP
AO_Pete

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, CT, Model 3 Refresh
Received my order, but the hood badge is all black with no yellow accents. Was there a mixup? Product change?
No change in the options. Please reach out to support if you've not already done so, they'll be able to sort things out for you.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Advertising Circus
No change in the options. Please reach out to support if you've not already done so, they'll be able to sort things out for you.
"Juan" replied that there is nothing wrong with the order. I look at the badge on my hood, yellow accent. I look at new badge I received in the mail, no yellow accent. I see AO has provided Noplacelikeloam a new badge with yellow accent. I ordered the new set through the link you had originally posted in this thread. What gives?

Mandarin

First Name
Serg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Back in December I was expecting a fully black hood emblem, but got black and yellow, after contacting AO, was told it is as it is coming xD I would prefer fully black tho. Not a biggie

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Back in December I was expecting a fully black hood emblem, but got black and yellow, after contacting AO, was told it is as it is coming xD I would prefer fully black tho. Not a biggie
TBH it’s not a deal breaker. Just wasn’t expecting to receive something different as I recalled past thread discussing why they weren’t offering all black hood badge… and now the short reply from Support with neither a yes or no on exchange.

Sponsored

Mandarin

First Name
Serg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
TBH it’s not a deal breaker. Just wasn’t expecting to receive something different as I recalled past thread discussing why they weren’t offering all black hood badge… and now the short reply from Support with neither a yes or no on exchange.
exactly for each word in your reply

OP
OP
AO_Pete

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, CT, Model 3 Refresh
I see that Christal's replied to you, so will leave you in her more than capable hands. When we first started with the emblems, we replicated the Rivian color logic, so the compass and side emblems had a choice of all-black, or yellow & black, and the rear was all-black only. Based on feedback we eventually moved all the offerings to all-black, or black and yellow late last year, so that's likely where the confusion has come from.

olsonnet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S

Possible 2025 R1S with blacked out emblems and trim.

Perhaps related to their recent decision re: AO emblems.

Noplacelikeloam

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Creative management
Clubs

Possible 2025 R1S with blacked out emblems and trim.

Perhaps related to their recent decision re: AO emblems.
Thats R1 has more than just black emblems. Its completely blacked out. Seems like someone giving their R1 some love.