Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Kicking the tires on this thing:
https://getflated.com/products/air-deck?variant=40058551140520

Anyone tried it? Or have used something similar? If so, what size did you use for the R1T?

I pondered a Roofnest but we just don't do enough camping to justify it. That said, I love the idea of getting up off the ground. I'm not sure if it would work or not but I also wonder if you could put this Air-Deck in the bed and pitch a tent on top of it? Poor man's Roofnest? Thoughts on this idea?
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
It looks to be well made, but at $650 plus a truck bed sized tent I would just go for the RTT since it solves both problems at once.

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Honestly unless home storage is an issue you can get a RTT for not that much more money. I would be interested to hear from someone who has used that though. My biggest concern with the air deck is if you sleep on it, you have to take everything out of the bed (besides what can fit underneath, which doesnt look like much). you would need a lock for your cooler for bears in bear country, everything that couldnt fit back in the gear tunnel/cab would be outside. That's why we got the RTT, to keep the truck bed available (over the R1S, we used to have to make room in our SUV for camping in the vehicle).
Sponsored