Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Happy camper
Clubs

https://www.npr.org/2023/08/28/1196297077/idalia-gas-contamination-diesel-florida-citgo

possible widespread fuel problems ahead of the incoming hurricane due to “human error.” It’s stuff like this that makes me furious when certain news outlets and politicians play up EV possible issues when evacuating and completely ignore the many problems gasoline cars present in the same situation. It isn’t EVs that could stop running away from the hurricane, now it’s bad gas fouling up car engines. Expect to hear complete silence form the usual Florida politicians about this.
Sponsored

WorldComposting

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.worldcomposting.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Subaru Ascent
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Thanks for posting I know some people down in Tamp and let them know as everyone is getting ready for the bad weather on the way!

Also I've talked with preppers and they always say what happens when you run out of electricity. I ask what happens when they run out of gas and they make it sound like you can find gas everywhere.

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Agreed that EVs get a bad wrap regarding emergency preparedness. The EVs aren’t bad but rather the humans at being prepared.

Re: the contaminated gas. It’s also human error and bad timing. The article does say “potential widespread”. I’m not sure what the reader is supposed to conclude from this article other than to panic buy gas now.
Sponsored