Sponsored

GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!)

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Also am I the only one that likes this look bare bars with no top plate that's how all my other off-road rigs have been then you didn't have to worry about mud or snow build up.
Not necessarily. I just have bare bars with no top plate on my 4Runner and I get a mess of stuff still piling up there. You'll always get mud and salty snow on the steps/bars and it makes getting in and out fun if you don't want to get your pants dirty.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I had the opportunity when I stopped in to get my seat belt recall done last week for a Rivian service tech to look at the sliders. He said they would have no issues working around them for most of the service items. But if the battery had to come out, they would have to be removed.

The tech did say that Rivian would be willing to take them off instead of refusing the vehicle, but they would charge the customer to do it.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

The tech did say that Rivian would be willing to take them off instead of refusing the vehicle, but they would charge the customer to do it.
That part is pretty standard. Toyota didn't care about armor/mods in large part, but did charge if they needed to remove non-standard parts to do any work. Which was a little odd because the thing came with factory skid plates as well, but they griped about aftermarket skids.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

That part is pretty standard. Toyota didn't care about armor/mods in large part, but did charge if they needed to remove non-standard parts to do any work. Which was a little odd because the thing came with factory skid plates as well, but they griped about aftermarket skids.
That's good to know. I haven't had these types of modifications on vehicles before, so it was a definite concern of mine.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Pulled the slider off the truck today so they can get a jig set up for them. Planning on dropping off the R1S to get some measurements done once mine comes in s00n.

I'd like to see the slider for the R1S come back towards the rear tire a bit more so there's more step coverage for having things on the roof, but we'll see what makes sense.

Sponsored

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Any updates @Dark-Fx ?

seems sliders are moving slow on all fronts.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Any updates @Dark-Fx ?

Good question. I'll reach out. I think they are real busy right now because their non-compete for Jeep products expired recently. Still haven't brought the R1S over there for measurements but hoping to find time this week.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Any updates @Dark-Fx ?

Sounds like the place they are having the tubes bent is incredibly busy these days. Should be s00n. They are mandrel CNC bent or I would have offered my JD2 tubing bender just to knock a couple out.

I had them measure the R1S this morning. They are hoping to have a prototype ready within a few weeks. Looks like it's going to be a lot the same but the last mounting point shifted forward and 8-10" shorter overall than the R1T slider.

Last edited:

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

@Dark-Fx I came across these in another thread. I’m hoping the price is competitive with their Bronco sliders because this would be an obvious choice considering the quality and cost. Are you able to check-in for an update?

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

@Dark-Fx I came across these in another thread. I’m hoping the price is competitive with their Bronco sliders because this would be an obvious choice considering the quality and cost. Are you able to check-in for an update?
Two weeks ago it sounded like they expected to get their material in this week. I'll follow up with them Tuesday.

Sponsored

Fade5G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Bronco, 23 Rivian R1T
Clubs

Any updates? I have Goat Fab sliders for my Bronco and I love them. I was hoping to pull the trigger on a pair for the R1T this weekend but their link is not functional yet.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Any updates? I have Goat Fab sliders for my Bronco and I love them. I was hoping to pull the trigger on a pair for the R1T this weekend but their link is not functional yet.
Supposedly they will be ready next week for the R1T.

bmedfo1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T launch edition 20" AT Carbon wrap
Occupation
CFO
These are now on the website with 30% off. I talked to the owner Adam about 2 weeks ago and got mine ordered in advance. they are set to be delivered today. Can not wait to get home and check them out. I got them without the top plate as I like the look of the old school straight 2" bars. I will report back with photos and my take on them once I have a chance to install. I am also going to see if I can do a trim job on the factory cover/plate that gets removed to see if I can get it back on with these

https://goatfabrication.com/collections/rivian-r1t/products/goat-rivian-r1t-step-sliders

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

These are now on the website with 30% off. I talked to the owner Adam about 2 weeks ago and got mine ordered in advance. they are set to be delivered today. Can not wait to get home and check them out. I got them without the top plate as I like the look of the old school straight 2" bars. I will report back with photos and my take on them once I have a chance to install. I am also going to see if I can do a trim job on the factory cover/plate that gets removed to see if I can get it back on with these
Hey, I just had them install my finished ones yesterday. I took a couple photos, but they aren't really any better than the ones GOAT took. Rained yesterday afternoon so everything's dirty today already. Quality seems great and there's a decent amount of space between the bottom of the door and the sliders, which was one of my bigger concerns here in Michigan with leaving them on year-round. Last winter season when we tested the initial piece, I had some issues with ice accumulation causing the door to get hung up a little.

I believe Adam's intention was to just give me this set for letting him use my truck to get their program going (and will also let them do the first test with our R1S but will probably not get a set for it), so full disclosure there.

I *think* he's interested in making other products for the Rivian as well, but we/they haven't done anything about other products yet. He sounded interested in doing bull-bars but it'd require a lot more disassembly and experimentation and wasn't sure about the size of the market.

I think he also wants to mock up a trim template based off my existing panels but he's out of town this week so he hasn't even seen the finished product himself yet.

bmedfo1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T launch edition 20" AT Carbon wrap
Occupation
CFO
Hey, I just had them install my finished ones yesterday. I took a couple photos, but they aren't really any better than the ones GOAT took. Rained yesterday afternoon so everything's dirty today already. Quality seems great and there's a decent amount of space between the bottom of the door and the sliders, which was one of my bigger concerns here in Michigan with leaving them on year-round. Last winter season when we tested the initial piece, I had some issues with ice accumulation causing the door to get hung up a little.

I believe Adam's intention was to just give me this set for letting him use my truck to get their program going (and will also let them do the first test with our R1S but will probably not get a set for it), so full disclosure there.

I *think* he's interested in making other products for the Rivian as well, but we/they haven't done anything about other products yet. He sounded interested in doing bull-bars but it'd require a lot more disassembly and experimentation and wasn't sure about the size of the market.

I think he also wants to mock up a trim template based off my existing panels but he's out of town this week so he hasn't even seen the finished product himself yet.

I dont know about a Bull bar on this truck but I would defiantly buy a roll bar.
Sponsored