Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
Hi @shrink ,

I can't speak to your situation at Discount Tire, but I've seen some of my covers fall down on occasion. I also did my own tire rotation at 5500 miles and a few days later I noticed one of the covers hanging down. I've sense some of these critters just don't like to stay lodged in the plastic and jump off, thus gotten into the habit of checking occasionally to see if any have popped down.
Yeah those covers are a terrible design and pain. Hard to get off and to get back on. I generally just drive home after the tire place rotates then fiddle with them for 10 mins until they’re all seated
Sponsored

rmalzo

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f1t
Occupation
Retired
Hello, Rivian Forums!

We are one of RF's newest official sponsors and wanted to take a minute to say hello and introduce the team! If this is your first time seeing us, we invite you to get to know us and take a look around at what we offer by following the link below.

Our Story | Discount Tire

Discount Tire is one of the largest independent tire and wheel retailers in the world. We have over 1,100 stores nationwide and take great pride in offering world class customer service and the lowest prices at the bottom line.

There will be three(3) of us messaging here on the forum: Joe, Jordan and I (Matt). We'll take care of everything for you, from answering stock inquires, setting up orders, to helping you find the perfect fit and product for your needs. Our team is dedicated to providing you with the best possible customer experience.

We do our best to respond to inquiries in a timely manner and will typically reply to all tagged posts and DM conversations in under 1 business day. Please bear in mind our online hours outlined below.

Mon-Fri: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM (EDT)
Sat: Offline
Sun: Offline

Our website is available 24 hours a day 7 days week as well, with deals consistently running when you sign into your online account!

Shop Deals | Discount Tire

We're thrilled to be a part of the community and look forward to helping the members here. If you ever need anything, we're a DM away!
Hi guys. Love your stores. The Best. I recently put Atturo 275x50x22s on my R1t. OEM tire pressure for the perrelli 22s is 48. These tires say max psi 40. Am I ok to just go with 40 or can I go a bit higher?

rtobrien63

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
veterinarian
no Maine stores? my search says nearest discount tire store is 250 miles away? are you not associated with Don Forshay's Discount Tires"?

MartinW

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
None
Clubs

Welcome Joe, Jordan and Matt,

I've been a Discount Tire customer since 1991 with dozens of vehicles, all with sets of summer and winter tires. There is no doubt you are the best tire company in Colorado.

Like many Rivian owners in the mountain states, I use 20" wheels and tires for winter and 21" for summer. The fact that you are authorized by Rivian to do the physical changeover is moot because neither Discount nor the vehicle owners can reset the vehicle's computer for the change in wheel/tire size. Therefore, the seasonal tire changeover still requires a Rivian service visit.

Please lobby Rivian for your ability to reset the tire size in the vehicle's software. Alternatively, it would be fine if the vehicle owner had the capability to change the wheel size or if was available over the air.

Thank you for taking care of my various vehicles over the last 33 years.

Martin

Sponsored

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Which placard?

A:
PXL_20240109_001535114~2.jpg

Or

B:
PXL_20240109_001551056~2.jpg

Am I missing something? Not being obtuse, legitimately don't know if there's another.

I ordered tires online from DT, was ready to have installed locally on my stock rims, and was told No Go because the 115 load index. It was almost a year ago, early days of us discovering 115 options, so I didn't argue but would today with current knowledge. I ended up having them installed by a 3rd party, and will end up rotating myself since nothing was done by DT, both actions nullifying the certificates I bought with them. Do you have any advice?
Also very interested in the 115 vs 116 situation.

My R1S came with 20s, but has 22s installed by Rivian so my door stickers are doubly useless.

Wondering if Discount Tire will install 115 tires?

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Wondering if Discount Tire will install 115 tires?
Some do, some don't. Depends on the tech/manager. The one I tried said No Go, Doggie.

mcclajb

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
Clubs

I appreciate that. Thank you. Sending a DM in a moment.

For anyone interested, look at this quote I got from Rivian to replace the missing jack point covers:

1704770827120.png
Hopefully, this is something @twraps and/or @RWerksman can print for us in the near future. Seems there’s a market for it.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Hopefully, this is something @twraps and/or @RWerksman can print for us in the near future. Seems there’s a market for it.
That shouldn't be hard. I'll put it on the list.

It'll also prompt me to see if any of mine are missing.

mcclajb

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
Clubs

That shouldn't be hard. I'll put it on the list.

It'll also prompt me to see if any of mine are missing.
Ha! Awesome! Thanks for all your contributions to this community. We’re lucky to have folks like you.

Sponsored

chrismc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
@Discount Tire massively screwed up what should have been a simple mounting of snow tires for me the last time I gave them my business, and then they damaged my truck during the next appointment when they were trying to fix their screw-up. I’ll never give them my business again, I never even received an apology for wasting over 8 hours of my time.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Jack pucks do not fit in the hole over one of the OEM jack points, full stop.
I'm going to assume you're not trying to intentional deceive folks? Perhaps we're referring to different things, but I've attached photos I took this morning of my jack pucks attached to the OEM jack points. The @DCE sliders are not in the way. Full stop?

tempImageiLqOeY.png

tempImagekNRopH.png

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
No offense, but your experience is different from my experience. Why the !@#$ would I waste my time trying to mislead other customers in this forum?

DCE

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.weistec.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & R1S
Occupation
Engineering
I'm going to assume you're not trying to intentional deceive folks? Perhaps we're referring to different things, but I've attached photos I took this morning of my jack pucks attached to the OEM jack points. The @DCE sliders are not in the way. Full stop?

tempImageiLqOeY.png

tempImagekNRopH.png
Bingo!!

You can also directly jack the vehicle up using the rock sliders. ;)

DCE

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.weistec.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & R1S
Occupation
Engineering
Again, the DCE sliders do NOT cover or obscure the OEM jack points. @DCE can chime in if you don’t believe me.
Just to clarify, the R1T sliders do not cover the holes. For the R1S the rear factory mounting point is covered by the rock slider, BUT the slider has a designated hole in the exact location as factory that will work with the pucks.
Sponsored