Sponsored

How Many R1 Pre-order holders are still remaining ?

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S Performance Dual Motor Standard+
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

The shop has Gen 2 R1S, Dual Standard only showing for my location, but if you have a pre-order you can get these for under $65K and maybe still get your 2022 tax credit if you signed the binding contract. That would be an amazing deal if it worked out.

How many actual pre-order holders are still out there ? I used my pre-order voucher towards my OG R1S.
Sponsored

eRacer

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
You got me to look at my outstanding reservation and there are a few 2025 Gen2 R1S available in the shop. Pricing rages from $62-$65k.

Last edited:
OP
OP
narmstrong79

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

You got me to look at my outstanding reservation and there are a few 2024 Gen2 R1S available in the shop. Pricing rages from $60-$65k.
They are listed as 2025 in my shop.

olsonnet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
I'm one. Also have the 2022 binding purchase agreement. Just waiting for them to add some more Dual Max Packs to the shop and I'll be ordering.

Getting a decently spec'ed Dual Max for around $65K after everything will be pretty sweet.

Sponsored

OP
OP
narmstrong79

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I'm one. Also have the 2022 binding purchase agreement. Just waiting for them to add some more Dual Max Packs to the shop and I'll be ordering.

Getting a decently spec'ed Dual Max for around $65K after everything will be pretty sweet.
I feel like they have the estimate delivery as September specifically to limit options for preorder holders. Must take delivery before September to get the pre-order voucher

Here2there

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future R1T
I'm a late preorder holder (only 3% discount) with the signed binding agreement from 2022. Haven't had the chance to catch up on all of the gen2 news. I am looking for an R1T dual max. Seems like the underbody shield is only available now paired with the 20" AT tires? Was hoping to add the underbody shield separately with 22" tires. If I find a shop config in time for the preorder discount, I can still apply for the binding agreement in my amended tax return, yes?

OP
OP
narmstrong79

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I'm a late preorder holder (only 3% discount) with the signed binding agreement from 2022. Haven't had the chance to catch up on all of the gen2 news. I am looking for an R1T dual max. Seems like the underbody shield is only available now paired with the 20" AT tires? Was hoping to add the underbody shield separately with 22" tires. If I find a shop config in time for the preorder discount, I can still apply for the binding agreement in my amended tax return, yes?
Yeah, they changed it so you had to get the underbody with the 20 ATs.

I got the 20% discount and amended my 2022 tax return, I got the tax credit plus interest which was a surprise.

This is my R1S build

JeremyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4runner, BMW I3, preordered R1S
Occupation
Engineer
You got me to look at my outstanding reservation and there are a few 2024 Gen2 R1S available in the shop. Pricing rages from $60-$65k.
I thought all the gen2 are 2025. I see a number of 2024 dual motor max in the shop now but only standard pack 2025.

RJM77

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Occupation
Architect
*raises hand* I'm a pre-price hike voucher holder, probably one of the last ones. I was going back and forth on putting a deposit on the R1S late February 2022. And then randomly one night I couldn't sleep so got on the computer and figured might as well make it official before I started my work day. Later that same day they bumped up the price.

Trying to finalize on a dual max but hoping they'll build more cars with color! I'll be bummed if I have to settle for a white or gray R1S which is all they seem to build lately.

Sponsored

OP
OP
narmstrong79

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

*raises hand* I'm a pre-price hike voucher holder, probably one of the last ones. I was going back and forth on putting a deposit on the R1S late February 2022. And then randomly one night I couldn't sleep so got on the computer and figured might as well make it official before I started my work day. Later that same day they bumped up the price.

Trying to finalize on a dual max but hoping they'll build more cars with color! I'll be bummed if I have to settle for a white or gray R1S which is all they seem to build lately.
Keep checking, I was on every couple hours until I found exactly what I wanted.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

You are in Seattle, so they have been widely available during mid 2023 so what stopped you pulling the trigger back then?

OP
OP
narmstrong79

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

You are in Seattle, so they have been widely available during mid 2023 so what stopped you pulling the trigger back then?
For me, price. When the pre-order voucher was able to be used a lower cost options, I jumped on it.

RJM77

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Occupation
Architect
Their original delivery estimate was 2nd half of 2024 so I planned my life and budget accordingly.
Sponsored