tx_rivian

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Nice looking truck. What's the payload with your trim? Have you had an F150 before? If so, does it feel any different besides being quicker?
I think payload is 1800. This is my 3rd F150. I just sold my 2013 with 206k miles for $12k.
It rides a bit better with the IRS, but other than that the adaptive cruise control and lane keeping are awesome for my long drives to and from Houston/Dallas.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tx_rivian

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
You can differentiate an XLT by the flat sided tailgate and the LED light bar above the grill.

This one appears to have the optional 512 package with 20” Lariat wheels, color coded mirror caps and door handles. Mine should be arriving this week.
This is the 512a trim. You are close with what is included. No color-coded mirrors, but they do the door handles. The rear tailgate does not have the typical lightbar like the Lariat and up. I didn't want the super tall screen with no physical buttons. Hopefully Rivian will add some physical buttons into their interiors. Being able to adjust my vents while driving without having to look at a screen is a feature I wanted.

OP
OP
tx_rivian

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
This is the 512a trim. You are close with what is included. No color-coded mirrors, but they do the door handles. The rear tailgate does not have the typical lightbar like the Lariat and up. I didn't want the super tall screen with no physical buttons. Hopefully Rivian will add some physical buttons into their interiors. Being able to adjust my vents while driving without having to look at a screen is a feature I wanted.
Are you keeping the Lightning or selling for your reserved Rivian?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Source for this claim?
Time spent charging can lead to degradation, but the real issue is you are wasting a lot more energy since it is less efficient to step up the voltage that far. Plus it has to keep more electronics in the truck active, and a lot of those have engineered lifetimes.

Sponsored

aw113sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1t
Time spent charging can lead to degradation, but the real issue is you are wasting a lot more energy since it is less efficient to step up the voltage that far. Plus it has to keep more electronics in the truck active, and a lot of those have engineered lifetimes.
None of that is proof, or even evidence. That's the whole thing, show any data that charging for much longer on 120v is worse than 240v and I'll agree but without data it's just internet speculation which is often incorrect or incomplete. Show voltage step-up efficiency isn't worse from 120v compared to 240v as well. In regards to lifetimes, that should never be an issue - if they were designed with that little MTBF then it's a big issue.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

None of that is proof, or even evidence. That's the whole thing, show any data that charging for much longer on 120v is worse than 240v and I'll agree but without data it's just internet speculation which is often incorrect or incomplete. Show voltage step-up efficiency isn't worse from 120v compared to 240v as well. In regards to lifetimes, that should never be an issue - if they were designed with that little MTBF then it's a big issue.
If you're happy to ignore all of the physics behind it all, feel free to. I am not obligated to demonstrate any of that.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Burden of proof is on the person making the claim.
Like I said, feel free to be ignorant of it. All of this stuff is well established. Welcome to my ignore list.

aw113sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1t
Like I said, feel free to be ignorant of it. All of this stuff is well established. Welcome to my ignore list.
Ah the world we live in now, someone challenges a claim and instead of providing any substantive evidence, the reaction is to ignore and hide from discussion.

Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Congrats, and awesome vanity plate!

OP
OP
tx_rivian

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Are you keeping the Lightning or selling for your reserved Rivian?
I'm not certain yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll keep the Lightning.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
OP
OP
tx_rivian

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Great truck
Poor username :p
Just going to say it's not my fault. I thought I'd have my Rivian in '21 at some point. Maybe s00n.
Sponsored