Sponsored

ICE car inventories highest since 2020

LetsgoRIVN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Don’t know how to read the news for EVs in general and Rivian in particular, Bullish or Bearish?

Sponsored

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

It probably reflects the general pain the auto market is feeling due to a whole litany of factors.

Sponsored

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

Auto manufacturers have emphasized the premium market, because that is where the money is (greatest profits for legacy automakers). It is difficult to find base models. Rivian has years to go before they can introduce a more reasonably priced vehicle.

Interest rates are high and who knows if they will decrease this year.

Apparently, there is still quite a hangover from the rapid auto price increases during the pandemic and many are finding it difficult to justify continued high payments on cars worth way less than what they paid for them.

OP
OP

LetsgoRIVN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Auto manufacturers have emphasized the premium market, because that is where the money is (greatest profits for legacy automakers). Rivian has years to go before they can introduce a more reasonably priced vehicle.

Interest rates are high and who knows if they will decrease this year.

Apparently there is still quite a hangover from the rapid auto price increases during the pandemic and many are finding it difficult to justify continued high payments on cars worth way less than what they paid for them.
I agree, I wonder if there is another drone video showing Rivian parking lot. Hopefully Amazon has taken delivery of its vans.

Sponsored

OP
OP

LetsgoRIVN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
This has nothing to do with shares.
Look man, I didn’t force you to read or answer my post. I saw a relevant news and shared it with people here to discuss it relevance to us shareholders, now if you have any input to add please do, otherwise you can browse other posts!

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Don’t know how to read the news for EVs in general and Rivian in particular, Bullish or Bearish?

I notice that EV companies like Tesla and Rivian aren't shown on that graph, and the inventory isn't broken out into ICE vs EV ...

But let's put it in perspective. If Rivian had 80 days of unsold inventory, that would amount to something like 12,500 vehicles on the lot in Normal at their current production rate.

By all indications, Rivian's inventory is far, far less than that. So perhaps Rivian is doing better than almost all the manufacturers shown on that graph?

OP
OP

LetsgoRIVN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I notice that EV companies like Tesla and Rivian aren't shown on that graph, and the inventory isn't broken out into ICE vs EV ...

But let's put it in perspective. If Rivian had 80 days of unsold inventory, that would amount to something like 12,500 vehicles on the lot in Normal at their current production rate.

By all indications, Rivian's inventory is far, far less than that. So perhaps Rivian is doing better than almost all the manufacturers shown on that graph?
Yeah no EV in the stat, I doubt that Rivian has 12.5K of inventory because that would be 22% of expected sales in 2024, also the difference between production and delivery last quarter was only a couple of thousands ( including Amazon’s vans). Someone can just just send a drive of their factory and give us an idea of how many vehicles are sitting there lol

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

…they want to kill or at least keep this new industry in check, they are all on it!
Direct marketing is an advantage—more flexibility to adjust pricing
People are buying Teslas because they have the best prices and the best charging network
EV rebates help lower the price differential from ICE vehicles
Early announced prices before vehicles were production ready has ‘anchored’ consumers expectations for what a vehicle should cost
Used EV prices are much lower because Tesla dramatically lowered the price of new EVs. Why buy used?
Sponsored

Last edited: