Issues with R1S

Dazybigred

First Name
Erica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Here's been my experience so far. I'm really frustrated, but still want an R1S - it's just that I want a functional one. Has something like this happened to anyone else? Any advice?

5/10/24 – Accepted delivery of Rivian R1S at Mahwah Distribution Center.

5/10/24 – 5 minutes into drive home, warning light goes on

5/11/24 – Rivian towed from our house to the Brooklyn Service Center. A/C Compressor was removed and replaced (“Repair #1”). Odometer reading = 96 miles. Days in shop = 4.

5/15/24 – Rivian towed back to our house.

5/23/24 – Rivian towed from our house to the Brooklyn Service Center. HV Battery removed and replaced; firmware update (“Repair #2”). Odometer reading = 421 miles. Days in shop = 21

6/12/24 – Rivian towed back to our house.

6/22/24 – Rivian error message came on and very loud clanking sound in car made it undrivable while we were at a lacrosse tournament in Pennsylvania – 3 hours from home. Called for a tow and had to get a (small and inadequate) rental car home. Rivian to be towed from Pennsylvania to Brooklyn Service Center on 6/25/24 (“Repair #3”). Odometer reading = 1,241. Days in shop = unknown.

Total Days Owned = 44

Total Days Operational = 19

Number of Tows = 3

Total Miles = 1,241
Sponsored

Electrified Outdoors

Site Sponsor
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T Quad, 2024 Rivian R1S Quad
Occupation
Real Estate
Clubs

Nobody can argue this isn't frustrating. Totally understandable.

I would ask for a replacement. This will be three major repairs in the first 2,000 miles. Truck hasn't even been in use for three weeks. This is totally unacceptable.

Rae11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S 2024 Quad
Lemon law this one. Probably won’t work but try.

Otherwise escalate for them to buy back and get a new one.

This isn’t normal for any manufacturer. I understand that we will be more accepting of certain inconveniences because it is a startup and we want it to succeed, but when multiple things go wrong like this right out of the door, I’’d drop the hammer.
Sponsored