Sponsored

Kneel mode bad for our Rivians over time?

cjones1130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi Q7 , 2023 Red Canyon Rivian R1T
This is more my concern than the actual suspension having an issue. I turned kneel off just because I didn’t feel like hearing the compressor run and having the truck always raising/lowering around town. It takes a long time to fill to All-Purpose out of Kneel mode and it just seems excessive.

I’ll say the compressors in all of my air suspension Tesla’s I’ve had were much quieter and more seamless operating. As well as other air suspension vehicles I’ve had.

I dunno, maybe I’m overthinking it, but it just seems like the compressor runs too much when I use Kneel.
I use kneel and practically never hear my compressor (windows up). Maybe that will change over time...if so I'll report back.
Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
I had a tech tell me he used to tell people to use the car as they want, but lately maybe to avoid using kneel unless really needed.. made me nervous about using as I imagine they’re seeing some suspension issues popping up.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

I had a tech tell me he used to tell people to use the car as they want, but lately maybe to avoid using kneel unless really needed.. made me nervous about using as I imagine they’re seeing some suspension issues popping up.
You’re better off having the issue sooner than later.
If anything it gives Rivian enough data to come up with a fix.
And if you’re one of the people who keep their cars forever then it’ll be fixed (once or more) under warranty.
Sponsored

Last edited: