Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RIVIAN, 12 Azure Transit Connect, 2018 ENV200
Occupation
Engineering TECH
Pilots!!!!!!,
I'll be departing the right side of the road, and heading to Japan, shipping the Rivian on Monday, got a CHADEMO - CCS adapter due to Japan, still uses Chademo, and they are EVERYWHERE. ZThis will be an awsome, exciting, yet nerve wracking change. reach out if you need anything .

P.S. If you want Habu-sake, your going to have to come pick it up.

Steve
Sponsored

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
Made it to Japan every year for over a decade until covid. I'm looking forward to returning (family is there now for the summer).

You're living the dream.

Mine is ready for pickup at SC, but trying to schedule a local delivery.

OP
OP

Grandizer52

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering TECH
Made it to Japan every year for over a decade until covid. I'm looking forward to returning (family is there now for the summer).

You're living the dream.

Mine is ready for pickup at SC, but trying to schedule a local delivery.
Where in japan? we are going to yokosuka. Covid trashed the trips to Okinawa, the best scuba diving on the planet.

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

Good luck parking the R1T there. I would be scared driving something that big around town. I will going to Japan in July for a visit.

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
Home base was Osaka so have been more places around South/Central Japan (Kyoto/Wakayama/Nara, etc). Most of my work was in Tokyo so weekly shikansen between those two areas and Chiba (mostly just business districts). We spent one month in Okinawa and that was my favorite vacation ever (partially because I needed it).

I haven't been north of Tokyo and Hokkaido is high on my list (you can take a ferry across). I would also really like to visit Hiroshima. So many places yet to explore.

Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Do you have a plan for servicing your truck should something break? I would be concerned about taking an early production vehicle to a country with no support network.

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Tiny lanes and streets, wheel on the wrong side, zero technical support. Have to say good luck to you, it will be quite the adventure.

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
It would be great to see a R1T in Japan. I'll be there, near Odawara, from mid-August for 2-3 months. I go to the Kansai fairly often when I'm in Japan. Maybe meet up and compare notes.

OP
OP

Grandizer52

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering TECH
Home base was Osaka so have been more places around South/Central Japan (Kyoto/Wakayama/Nara, etc). Most of my work was in Tokyo so weekly shikansen between those two areas and Chiba (mostly just business districts). We spent one month in Okinawa and that was my favorite vacation ever (partially because I needed it).

I haven't been north of Tokyo and Hokkaido is high on my list (you can take a ferry across). I would also really like to visit Hiroshima. So many places yet to explore.
I got family in Osaka, personally, think their music seen is the best on this planet,
riding the shinkansen is a blast, have to grab a bento every time the girl goes by.
love Okinawa, lived in hawaii for almost 20 years, so it was like hawaii, but better food, less chance of getting robbed or murdered, pretty cool going to Blue seal during cruise nights!!!
went to Hiroshima back in 2010 wanted to see the yamato museum, family made me eat FUGU fish, was glad was just boney, not deadly. Hokkaido is very high on the list. Also get back to EGA and play ninja!

Sponsored

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Tiny lanes and streets, wheel on the wrong side, zero technical support. Have to say good luck to you.
He just won't go certain places. I assume the transport of the vehicle is free to him, so why not?

Too bad for Rivian he is not taking the vehicle to Europe or Oz where there are potentially future sales.

OP
OP

Grandizer52

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering TECH
It would be great to see a R1T in Japan. I'll be there, near Odawara, from mid-August for 2-3 months. I go to the Kansai fairly often when I'm in Japan. Maybe meet up and compare notes.
Deal, that's bit of a haul from where we'll be, but never say no to a adventure, love going through toll boothes with left drive cars and tell the attendant, where did the wheel go.

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
I got family in Osaka, personally, think their music seen is the best on this planet,
riding the shinkansen is a blast, have to grab a bento every time the girl goes by.
love Okinawa, lived in hawaii for almost 20 years, so it was like hawaii, but better food, less chance of getting robbed or murdered, pretty cool going to Blue seal during cruise nights!!!
went to Hiroshima back in 2010 wanted to see the yamato museum, family made me eat FUGU fish, was glad was just boney, not deadly. Hokkaido is very high on the list. Also get back to EGA and play ninja!
What is EGA?

There is a place called "Kansai Cycle Sports Center" that was a blast, probably because I had kids the right age (pre-teen). They also have camping spots (cabins) were you can spend the night with grills setup and charcoal wood ready to go. It is old and run down and has a bit of a "National Lampoon's" vibe to it, but it would be the first place I'de take my family to if I had an R1T (to avoid the busses needed to go to this local destination off the beaten path) before they turn into teens.

OP
OP

Grandizer52

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering TECH
Sorry, spelt wrong IGA, the ninja town. a buddy owns a bike shop with his grand dad in Osaka North, he does SUPER MOTO, his grand dad wanted to ride with a gajin, first time since the 70's for him, was cool . old man still did wheelies. Love the national lampoon camp trip...going to wolly world, or was it tokyo disney?
A buddy in Oki got a mitzubishi K-TORRA pick-up, and we put on a 10CM lift and tires off a yamaha quad, he shipped to Osaka and we camped out of it, we got stares from the bus tours. camping in japan is so cool, the communal rice pot and WOK, turns into a party fast, got my bum handed to me playing soccer with them, really cut throat!

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Dudeeeee freaking epic. Please post up any social media etc so we can follow your journey. I'd love to see a R1T carving corners of Hakkaido mountains or Akina (ID reference) ahahaha
Sponsored