Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

Great work. I would definitely be interested in a DIY kit, since I already have one Apple MagSafe puck already. I understand this may never happen and not ever be feasible for you to do. Anyway, been happy with your products and great customer service.
I very much plan to release a DIY kit, I hope it will be the week after next week.
Sponsored

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
I very much plan to release a DIY kit, I hope it will be the week after next week.
Oh nice. More stuff I will have to add to my want list! My wife will love it. Haha

zonehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
200 Series Land Cruiser, R1T Adventure FG (Sold)
Ordered, looks like intro price went up $10 but still worth it to me. Thanks for coming up with a new solution.

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Ordered, looks like intro price went up $10 but still worth it to me. Thanks for coming up with a new solution.
Thank you! I temporary raised the price to slow down the orders, as I am too backlogged :( Once I improve the production process I should be able to go below $100.

1973LT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Received the charger today. Love it! The only thing that isn't great is the length of the USB cords. I understand that they come like that from the supplier but, shorter cords would be a plus.

Sponsored

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Received the charger today. Love it! The only thing that isn't great is the length of the USB cords. I understand that they come like that from the supplier but, shorter cords would be a plus.
Thank you!
Shorter cords coming in about 1-2 months...already working with a MagSafe manufacturer on a completely custom design for my use-case. Waiting for prototype in about 2-3 weeks and if the first prototype is what I need, then another month or so and I switch to custom MagSafes with a single cord (so you get one USB-C free) and much shorter.

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
I also got the magsafe charger and i just zip tied the longer cords and it works great - especially with a magsafe case. The only downside now is that I got the console organizer with the holes in it vs. the new version with the cut outs. Running the cords thru there makes the organizer and charger one interconnected thing. Both are great accessories.

Anidom

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Jeep Wranger Unlimited
Occupation
Sales
That's why we need a combination of the 2 designs here. I want the shelf that @twraps designed with the magsafe to car wiring that @RWerksman came up with. Free up the 2 USB slots and eliminate the need for wiring to go from the shelf to the console...
Can we have that? I'm a customer at that point.

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
That's why we need a combination of the 2 designs here. I want the shelf that @twraps designed with the magsafe to car wiring that @RWerksman came up with. Free up the 2 USB slots and eliminate the need for wiring to go from the shelf to the console...
Can we have that? I'm a customer at that point.
I don’t see @twraps selling anything that involves the user tearing apart their truck to install. That sounds like a nightmare for them and I’m sure @RWerksman can attest to the lovely communications that he had when we was selling his product.

The current product is plug and play….no tearing apart of anything needed and can quickly/easily be removed.

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

If all goes as planned (because when doesn’t it 😃) in a few months this product will only use one of the usb c ports, not both. Tiny optimization but still…

Sponsored

Anidom

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Jeep Wranger Unlimited
Occupation
Sales
If all goes as planned (because when doesn’t it 😃) in a few months this product will only use one of the usb c ports, not both. Tiny optimization but still…
Awesome. Worst case I could use just the blank shelf and then do the wiring part myself.

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Awesome. Worst case I could use just the blank shelf and then do the wiring part myself.
Sorry I responded before drinking my coffee and forgot to mention - I will soon offer a DIY version. By soon I mean about 1-2 weeks, just need to catch up on all the pre-orders which I hope will be by end of next week.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
I've had mine for a week or so now, I'm pretty happy with it. The only downside is that the charging is quite a bit slower than I was expecting, but that said, it's still fine. I'm generally not looking to add a ton of charge while I'm driving, anyway. I think the flat black color works well with the FE interior, personally.

As far as magnetic strength, without a case, I think it's perfect. When I have my Apple MagSafe silicon case on, it seems stronger, and half the time I try to remove my phone, it pulls the entire mat up. I may add some double-sided tape to keep this platform stuck to the car better.

Also the cables ARE longer than you need, but I just kept them wrapped up with the twisty ties they came with and they reach the ports just fine, so I don't have the long cables just laying around within the console

Rivian R1T R1S MagSafe Charger by TWRAPS IMG_0045

Balistikb

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Healthcare
This is going to sound silly but, is there a way for you to tell me if I placed an order or not?

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

This is going to sound silly but, is there a way for you to tell me if I placed an order or not?
Yes absolutely, please DM me with your name and I can check.
Sponsored