Sponsored

Marques Brownlee: "Living with the Tesla Cybertruck So You Don't Have To!"

TheRiviAnswer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

I would say the same thing if I were Tim Cook. If you say to the public that Elon came to Apple hat in hand asking for help, you sign yourself up for a lifetime of late night ketamine hazed shitposting directed at you.
Even if that was the case, the billionaire Tim wouldn't care about what people are posting on the internet. He's flying people all across the world in for parties, cruising in luxury boats, planes, and cars, seeing the world, having every single need taken care of, Living that billionaire life. He doesn't give a shit about a shit post
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Even if that was the case, the billionaire Tim wouldn't care about what people are posting on the internet. He's flying people all across the world in for parties, cruising in luxury boats, planes, and cars, seeing the world, having every single need taken care of, Living that billionaire life. He doesn't give a shit about a shit post
Oh I don't think Tim cares one f*ck what Elon thinks of him. But I'm sure Tim doesn't want to be asked by everyone every day if he saw what Elon said the night before.

Elon needs to be treated like the crazy guy on the corner shouting at traffic. Try to walk past him without drawing his attention.

R1TruKaLa

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Blue R1T
Occupation
Merchant Seaman
Oh I don't think Tim cares one f*ck what Elon thinks of him. But I'm sure Tim doesn't want to be asked by everyone every day if he saw what Elon said the night before.

Elon needs to be treated like the crazy guy on the corner shouting at traffic. Try to walk past him without drawing his attention.
🤣

Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
To big tech, EVs are yesterday’s news. In case you haven’t seen the headlines and spotted a trend, AI is where they are placing their chips. And Apple is doing exactly that. While BEVs are still relatively new to the stubborn and stagnant car industry, aside from battery tech (which is more about chemistry than tech) and self driving software, BEVs are more about integration of existing technologies. Big tech, being what they are, have to think bigger and further ahead to stay big and protect their turf. Foray into cars has been more of a side hobby. AI is a much bigger idea/frontier, as it could be applied to everything, including and beyond transportation.

Last edited:

VegasWeezy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium ER RWD
Occupation
Accountant
I had to watch it too. I like his apple reviews. Other than steer by wire, it does not have anything for me. The inside is super ugly from the seats to no color. As a visual person - if I ever get inside it, I may puke. Sorry cybertruck fans; but it is just this one person‘s take. If you love it, I am so happy for you.
This thing is ugly inside and out. It has some cool tech, like the steer by wire, but I am definitely one of those that would not be able to get past its looks. Also, I can't stand Tesla's minimalist interiors. They are sterile and uninviting.

Rivian Head

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Physician
Elon claimed that Tim Cook wouldn’t talk with him. Tim Cook said Elon never contacted him. In the meantime Tim’s indecisiveness led Apple to piss away $10 billion over the past 10 years and now they have nothing to show for Project Titan. Sad.
10 billion? No, more like pissed away $400 billion.
Tim Cook made the biggest blunder of his career. Tesla’s market cap is at 550 billion today.

Rivian Head

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Physician
To big tech, EVs are yesterday’s news. In case you haven’t seen the headlines and spotted a trend, AI is where they are placing their chips. And Apple is doing exactly that. While BEVs are still relatively new to the stubborn and stagnant car industry, aside from battery tech (which is more about chemistry than tech) and self driving software, BEVs are more about integration of existing technologies. Big tech, being what they are, have to think bigger and further ahead to stay big and protect their turf. Foray into cars has been more of a side hobby. AI is a much bigger idea/frontier, as it could be applied to everything, including and beyond transportation.
You are right. I am more interested in AI based autonomous driving and eventual Robotaxi possibilities. Elon is probably considering car manufacturing as a mere platform to deploy AI which may have much bigger profit margin. Tesla is already priced as a technology company, but I don’t think anyone knows the full ramifications of what AI can do.

Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Advertising Circus
You are right. I am more interested in AI based autonomous driving and eventual Robotaxi possibilities. Elon is probably considering car manufacturing as a mere platform to deploy AI which may have much bigger profit margin. Tesla is already priced as a technology company, but I don’t think anyone knows the full ramifications of what AI can do.
I know that's where things are headed, but I am not on-board. I actually enjoy driving and I think those at Rivian do as well.

Whatever amount Apple has pissed away, it's not our money. No sense crying about it (they'll just make more $). And despite losing it, they are doing fine and will continue to do fine. The stock is essentially a blue chip stock and has been for a long time.

Rivian Head

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Physician
I know that's where things are headed, but I am not on-board. I actually enjoy driving and I think those at Rivian do as well.

Whatever amount Apple has pissed away, it's not our money. No sense crying about it (they'll just make more $). And despite losing it, they are doing fine and will continue to do fine. The stock is essentially a blue chip stock and has been for a long time.
I am a longtime Apple stock holder like 20+ years, for which I feel very grateful. But it hasn’t had any “ big” ideas for awhile. Imagine adding another 400 billions to its market cap which would have made many more happy investors. In this age of fast emerging technology, we are all looking for the next big thing.
A full disclosure, I have held Tesla stocks since 2013. Talking about catching lightening in a bottle twice. I still think Tesla story has more to unfold. AI, energy storage and robotics.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Advertising Circus
I am a longtime Apple stock holder like 20+ years, for which I feel very grateful. But it hasn’t had any “ big” ideas for awhile. Imagine adding another 400 billions to its market cap which would have made many more happy investors. In this age of fast emerging technology, we are all looking for the next big thing.
A full disclosure, I have held Tesla stocks since 2013. Talking about catching lightening in a bottle twice. I still think Tesla story has more to unfold. AI, energy storage and robotics.
I am as well. And lacking big ideas is part reality and part inevitability. Big leaps of innovation/technology is never frequent, but cyclic. One only need to look at history to see proof of that. Home computing. Personal computing. Mobile devices and personal assistants. Telecommunications. The internet. Electrification of transportation and micro-mobility. There will be another rise, peak and plateau with the next breakthrough in battery tech. But AI is the new flavor.

Gen(R3)Xer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
just to calibrate this, the AirPods line alone produces like $1-2bn per year in revenue. I think $10bn is within their loss tolerance.
Yeah, I just looked it up and they have $162 billion on hand and they’re worth $2.67 trillion. 😮

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Yeah, I just looked it up and they have $162 billion on hand and they’re worth $2.67 trillion. 😮
Not to mention what they make on various lightning and USB-C cables, power bricks, plus the various dongles/adapters. 🤬
Sponsored