Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T FE FG 21 ORP
Occupation
RADIAC tech
This is what I get after the update.
Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian R1 Software Introduction -- Roomy Entry and Exit Screenshot_20221202-080750
Sponsored

Dan_Foothill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Corvette C7 ZO6, MB C300
Occupation
Engineer
just installed the update. Two things I noticed at are pretty annoying about the easy exit:

Every movement of the seat and steering wheel all happen in a serial fashion. So seat back, then seat down, the steering wheel up, then steering wheel in ... ect. So this process can take quite a while to complete if you add a few steps to this. Other cars I have owned have all seat and steering wheel movements happen at the same time so it is pretty quick. the way I currently have it set up takes almost 20 secs.

Other annoying thing is the easy exit doesn't start until I open the door handle and with the slow serial movement steps to get to exit position. lets just say you are sitting there a while. So park the car wait for the Creep setting ~5sec (cant open door during this step) then open door handle and wait for the seat & wheel to move another ~20sec. Seems like this is something they will need to address with the next updated.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
I expect I will keep Easy Exit off. I am not convinced it will save my seat material from much wear and I wore out the seat motors on a previous vehicle. I can't see this being worth it to me in its current guise.
Sponsored