Sponsored

Prospective Buyer - Coming from Ford

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Sadly my MME is still on BlueCruise 1.0 - but that's a whole can of worms for another forum o_O

Does Rivian license mapping software from someone else, or is it built in house? I use Google Maps via AA exclusively in MME. Ford's built in system (Garmin based) is awful.

Thanks for that description. That's exactly the nitty gritty look at what using the system day to day is like!

So far, distilling everyone's comments down, it sounds like WHEN it decides it wants to activate, it performs about on par-ish with other systems in the industry. So the primary annoyance isn't as much how well it performs, but rather that it's REALLY picky about when it activates.

That being said, it seems that with Gen 2 specifically things are supposed to improve greatly. Hopefully they can deliver. One of my frustrations with Ford has been the software updates. Over the last 3 years I've gotten A LOT of great software updates. But since BlueCruise initially went live I haven't gotten ANY updates to BC. Meanwhile new cars are leaving the factory with newer versions of BC. Seems like Rivian does better in that regard?

PS -

I'm pretty sure I read that this (at least a basic version of it) is FINALLY supposed to be a part of the update coming at the end of June with the new cell shaded unreal engine stuff
Rivian uses MapBox, which is pretty hit and miss. Traffic awareness is not great as well. Text messaging integration is still coming soon and is not part of the June update.
Sponsored