JTR1S

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

For anyone in MA that ordered and plans to install a Rivian Charger there is a SNAFU that you should be aware of: Rivian has not completed the necessary steps to have their charger listed with the State Appliance Standards Database (SASD).

Why does this matter? First, per MA regulations, the chargers are not allowed to be sold in MA unless they are on the SASD. Second, if you are eligible for rebates (such as the one offered by Eversource) for an EV charger installation you will be unable to submit a rebate for the Rivian charger until this issue is resolved (currently $700).

For anyone facing this issue, myself included, the best thing to do is to reach out to Rivian to get them to resolve this issue. I am assured this is an administrative oversight: It’s a pretty easy process to fix but essentially they need to either go to the SASD (www.appliancestandards.org) and request an account or else they could email this address: [email protected] to work it out over email. I have tried to get in contact with support but have yet to receive a response.
Sponsored

md2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Clubs

My Rivian charger was installed in June of 2023 and I received my local rebate ($500) the next month.