Sponsored

Rivian Lands on "Predicted" Recall List

StanAE86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I'm a bit skeptical on how they extrapolate predicted recall based on the data because it assumes consistent on-going issues with the vehicles, but take it for what it's worth. Like Tesla, once over-the-air updates are removed, Rivian falls out of the top 25:

https://www.iseecars.com/car-recall-study
Sponsored

Last edited:

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I'm a bit skeptical on how they extrapolate predicted recall based on the data because it assumes consistent on-going issues with the vehicles, but take it for what it's worth. List Tesla, once over-the-updates are removed, Rivian falls out of the top 25, like Tesla:

https://www.iseecars.com/car-recall-study
Interesting the Rivian R1S is on the list but not the R1T. I think the only non-OTA recall I had was the backup lights on my R1S.

ozziegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Quad, 15 Macan Turbo, 94 MR2 Turbo
This study reeks of BS. 30 year expected recalls? Really? Nobody can predict that, especially for brand new platforms which have only been on the market for a few years.
Also OTA updates to fix bugs can sometimes be counted as recalls (e.g. the accelerator pedal OTA update).
I wouldn't put any weight on something like this.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

This study reeks of BS. 30 year expected recalls? Really? Nobody can predict that, especially for brand new platforms which have only been on the market for a few years.
Also OTA updates to fix bugs can sometimes be counted as recalls (e.g. the accelerator pedal OTA update).
I wouldn't put any weight on something like this.
FWIW the OTA for the accelerator pedal was just a band-aid.. some of us also had physical intervention at a later date to replace the old design.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

All of us have lived the reality so a third party study doesn't mean much to us. It's helpful for a new buyer. I have no complaints about them. Rivian has done a good job considering they are a new company and have addressed issues as best as possible. There are always things we complain about but I think many of us would buy again.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Their suggestion that recalls are a hassle is BS. I don't think I've ever made a special service trip to address a recall. They've all been addressed when the vehicle was in for other service.
Sponsored