• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
  • RIVIANFORUMS CLUBS!

Announcing our new "CLUBS" section where you can join or create a Rivian club or group! You can use this new feature to conveniently plan and discuss local events, gatherings or other club/group related topics.

So we encourage you to join (or start) special-interest and regional-based Rivian clubs at: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/group-categories/clubs-groups.1/

Sponsored

Virginia Rough Rivian Wanted

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I imagine it will fly pretty flat given the weight is spread eavenly across the skateboard and it has an air suspension. Now what breaks when the 7k truck lands is anyone’s guess. I wonder if Rivian would sell you a test mule, may be worth reaching out to them?
Sponsored

OP
OP

kevinR1Tx2R1Sx1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Red/Black, R1T LG/FG
I imagine it will fly pretty flat given the weight is spread eavenly across the skateboard and it has an air suspension. Now what breaks when the 7k truck lands is anyone’s guess. I wonder if Rivian would sell you a test mule, may be worth reaching out to them?
Yes, good suggestion re Rivian mule. I should have mentioned that a Launch Edition is preferred, for obvious reasons.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Just a suggestion.. for the actual launch scene.. I'd have the main battery pack at a low energy state, not a high charge level.

OP
OP

kevinR1Tx2R1Sx1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Red/Black, R1T LG/FG
I have great insurance. I don't think my insurance would cover commercial use and intentional damage.
I was kidding about the insurance. I don't think we could accept a vehicle temporarily for fear that we would not return it in the same condition. Thank you for the offer, thoguh.

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Thank you. Fire concern?
Yes, there is a lot of energy in a fully charged 135kWh battery pack.

For reference, the average home in the USA uses 26kWh of electricity per day... the Rivian battery pack contains 5X that amount when fully charged!

Last edited:

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

I'm kinda hoping this message thread is included 'theatrically' into a documentary feature bundled with your film

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I'm kinda hoping this message thread is included 'theatrically' into a documentary feature bundled with your film
I want to be portrayed by this guy if that happens

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director

Sponsored

kozak79

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Where in Canada? Could get a crowd of Rivians to watch the jump
Also the sell back value wouldn't be as bad of a loss so long as it will still work as a stationary 135kWh backup battery.
Sponsored