Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

New to EV
New to Rivian

Likes the R1S a lot...

I am curious how the sound system is ... I think its Meridian but wanted to hear from owners on it...I value the sound system pretty high in any car I buy...

Also in NJ...Those in NJ - Are you hearing any confirmed locations for Service Centers? I know Mahwah and read about maybe Trenton/Edison etc but not confirmed...Thanks!
You're getting lots of good advices here. Like to add couple of things that has not been mentioned.

Given your screen name, I assume you're big classic music listener. The biggest sound disruption you'll get from R1S is most likely wind noise at freeway speeds. This will drown out many subtle music movements and mid tones. If you play with the EQ, you probably can compensate some of it, but not completely.

The link provided above on how to set up the EQ for better music did not work for my listening taste. I also listen to some classics, but mostly traditional and modern jazz using Apple Music at high res/bit rate.

I never expect any vehicle audio to sound good as room calibrated sounds in home. That said, the designed shape of R1S is essentially moving two large boxes through the air on tires. As such, acoustic noise inherent in such a boxy vehicle exists. The sound insulation inside the doors are not great and depending on which wheel/tire combo you select, it too add to the noise.

Go drive it, turn everything off, sound-wise, and listen to the ambient sound inside the vehicle. If you're good with that, then turn on music and see how you like it.

I would never make a acquisition decision based on music quality of a vehicle, since music is not high on my decision criteria for any vehicle, YMMV :)
Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Thanks! Plan on leasing so after market not an option...I wouldn't let the system dictate purchase...Just curious if it was something people liked for the most part...I know its subjective...Thanks for the input...
Glad you're looking at the Rivian. Based on a sample of one; it's the best car out there. You will need to take into consideration that the sound experience might be very different in an EV vs an ICE car. I've found the EV experience to be much more quieter and so the audio to be heightened. As you noted-test drive a few and make up your mind. All the best.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Not sure about the new sound system, but Meridian is great.

And it can safety fit 4 cellos. Ask me how I know...
Sponsored