Sponsored

Stress Free *TEXAS* Spring Break RAN and GM Energy Charging Experience during Rivian RoadTrip to Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel via Regal Princess

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Fast stress free charging experience with prices ranging from .36 cents per kWh to .65 cents kWh with speeds up to 213 kW.

The best part was having charging at a gas stations so I can get coffee and use the restrooms.

The RAN station in Centerville, TX was amazing because I was able to multitask by eating Texas smoked Brisket, charging @ 213 kW and shop while having an awesome parking spot away from traffic. The Tesla station was full while Rivian station was at 2/6 capacity.

I can sense Tesla customers will end up using RAN stations during busy weekends like Spring Break and Christmas / Thanksgiving.

I had an awesome Spring Break and the Indoor Cruise parking that I used had 110v outlets along with Tesla and CCS chargers. I already topped up ahead of time and used a trickle charger to add about 38 kWh while I was out on vacation for a week.

I did set the amperage to 12 amps just to be safe since I only wanted to add a small amount to get me to 98% before I leave.

I got PPF done just in time for the Rivian Spring Break RoadTrip to Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel via Regal Princess

Enjoy the Eye Candy.

Rivian R1T R1S Stress Free *TEXAS* Spring Break RAN and GM Energy Charging Experience during Rivian RoadTrip to Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel via Regal Princess IMG_2848 (1)

Rivian R1T R1S Stress Free *TEXAS* Spring Break RAN and GM Energy Charging Experience during Rivian RoadTrip to Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel via Regal Princess IMG_8906

Rivian R1T R1S Stress Free *TEXAS* Spring Break RAN and GM Energy Charging Experience during Rivian RoadTrip to Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel via Regal Princess IMG_8582
Rivian R1T R1S Stress Free *TEXAS* Spring Break RAN and GM Energy Charging Experience during Rivian RoadTrip to Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel via Regal Princess IMG_8581
Rivian R1T R1S Stress Free *TEXAS* Spring Break RAN and GM Energy Charging Experience during Rivian RoadTrip to Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel via Regal Princess IMG_8575
Rivian R1T R1S Stress Free *TEXAS* Spring Break RAN and GM Energy Charging Experience during Rivian RoadTrip to Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel via Regal Princess IMG_8583
Rivian R1T R1S Stress Free *TEXAS* Spring Break RAN and GM Energy Charging Experience during Rivian RoadTrip to Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel via Regal Princess IMG_8587
Rivian R1T R1S Stress Free *TEXAS* Spring Break RAN and GM Energy Charging Experience during Rivian RoadTrip to Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel via Regal Princess IMG_8586
Rivian R1T R1S Stress Free *TEXAS* Spring Break RAN and GM Energy Charging Experience during Rivian RoadTrip to Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel via Regal Princess IMG_8603

Rivian R1T R1S Stress Free *TEXAS* Spring Break RAN and GM Energy Charging Experience during Rivian RoadTrip to Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel via Regal Princess IMG_8599

Rivian R1T R1S Stress Free *TEXAS* Spring Break RAN and GM Energy Charging Experience during Rivian RoadTrip to Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel via Regal Princess IMG_8598

Rivian R1T R1S Stress Free *TEXAS* Spring Break RAN and GM Energy Charging Experience during Rivian RoadTrip to Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel via Regal Princess IMG_8677

Rivian R1T R1S Stress Free *TEXAS* Spring Break RAN and GM Energy Charging Experience during Rivian RoadTrip to Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel via Regal Princess IMG_3005
Rivian R1T R1S Stress Free *TEXAS* Spring Break RAN and GM Energy Charging Experience during Rivian RoadTrip to Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel via Regal Princess IMG_3003 (2)
Rivian R1T R1S Stress Free *TEXAS* Spring Break RAN and GM Energy Charging Experience during Rivian RoadTrip to Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel via Regal Princess IMG_3030
Rivian R1T R1S Stress Free *TEXAS* Spring Break RAN and GM Energy Charging Experience during Rivian RoadTrip to Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel via Regal Princess IMG_3073 (1)
Rivian R1T R1S Stress Free *TEXAS* Spring Break RAN and GM Energy Charging Experience during Rivian RoadTrip to Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel via Regal Princess IMG_8748
Rivian R1T R1S Stress Free *TEXAS* Spring Break RAN and GM Energy Charging Experience during Rivian RoadTrip to Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel via Regal Princess IMG_8812
Sponsored

Last edited:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Other than the cruise and hanging out with spring breakers, that sounds amazing! :)

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
glad this worked out for you. I stopped in Dallas and charged at one of the ridiculously expensive GM stations. At 65 cents it is the cost equivalent of a 9 mpg ice vehicle. My first and last time charging there. Would rather rent an ICE if that was the only choice. Fortunately superchargers are coming soon.

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Other than the cruise and hanging out with spring breakers, that sounds amazing! :)

I will say this was probably my best experience during spring break cruise.

For the most part the kids were very well behaved and so were the adults.

Even experienced cruisers who have been on Carnival cruise lines mentioned the kids are much more well mannered and behaved on Princess Cruise lines.

We had 1000 kids on board and they really made it a lot of fun. Think of kids between 5 - 15.

The live shows with Magician Ottavio Belli, singer Don Ellis Gatlin and Fiddle player Jay Smith made this one of the best spring breaks yet.

https://www.instagram.com/jayfiddle/

Rivian R1T R1S Stress Free *TEXAS* Spring Break RAN and GM Energy Charging Experience during Rivian RoadTrip to Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel via Regal Princess 191529700_4258374700893998_9148543347211443270_n

Rivian R1T R1S Stress Free *TEXAS* Spring Break RAN and GM Energy Charging Experience during Rivian RoadTrip to Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel via Regal Princess 1710727661828-q

Last edited:
OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

glad this worked out for you. I stopped in Dallas and charged at one of the ridiculously expensive GM stations. At 65 cents it is the cost equivalent of a 9 mpg ice vehicle. My first and last time charging there. Would rather rent an ICE if that was the only choice. Fortunately superchargers are coming soon.

I agree the price was higher than I would like but the convenience right off the highway at a gas station where I can get fresh coffee and use the rest rooms, being able to get my top up before I leave for one week was worth it.

The icing on the cake was I only had to use it once and I was able to offset it by using RAN twice @ 36 cents.

I can't find another off-road capable vehicle with 835 horsepower that can take energy @ $0.00 cost via paid off solar or prices that cost me the equivalent of running a Dodge Durango hellcat with a lead foot.

I like fast cars with a power to weight ratio 10 or better.

https://www.autoweek.com/news/sport...lead-their-brands-in-power-to-weight/?slide=1

Rivian R1T R1S Stress Free *TEXAS* Spring Break RAN and GM Energy Charging Experience during Rivian RoadTrip to Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel via Regal Princess 1710728545571-0s

Edit: I pulled down 270 kWh @ a total cost of $131.62 with a 30 days Electrify America plan added to the mix.

Last edited:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I will say this was probably my best experience during spring break cruise.

For the most part the kids were very well behaved and so were the adults.

Even experienced cruisers who have been on Carnival cruise lines mentioned the kids are much more well mannered and behaved on Princess Cruise lines.

We had 1000 kids on board and they really made it a lot of fun. Think of kids between 5 - 15.

The live shows with Magician Ottavio Belli, singer Don Ellis Gatlin and Fiddle player Jay Smith made this one of the best spring breaks yet.

https://www.instagram.com/jayfiddle/

191529700_4258374700893998_9148543347211443270_n.jpg

1710727661828-qn.png
I‘m glad you had a good time, but I’m not getting on a boat with this guy:

Rivian R1T R1S Stress Free *TEXAS* Spring Break RAN and GM Energy Charging Experience during Rivian RoadTrip to Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel via Regal Princess IMG_0116
Sponsored