First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sold 9/08/22 - 15 Ford F-150 Platinum FX4 off-road
Occupation
Project Manager
Recently joined the Forum and wanted to say hello. A little late to the party but made a $1000 reservation on 9/11/22. Was thinking of reserving right before the price increase, the increase rubbed me the wrong way, then I saw an R1T on the road (and keep seeing it - Stone Oak area) so I decided to move forward with it. The R1T will be replacing my silver 2018 Model 3 sometime in 2024 I suppose. Look forward to learning more from this forum over the next couple years.

If anyone in Stone Oak with an R1T wants to meet up I would love to see one up close!!!
Welcome to the party! Yeah my wife saw the truck this week and hinted she may now want the R1S.... I asked her before the price increase but she said no... ugh. I think she gets to wait or just drive the truck when she gets the itch...
Sponsored

Flyboy17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Recently joined the Forum and wanted to say hello. A little late to the party but made a $1000 reservation on 9/11/22. Was thinking of reserving right before the price increase, the increase rubbed me the wrong way, then I saw an R1T on the road (and keep seeing it - Stone Oak area) so I decided to move forward with it. The R1T will be replacing my silver 2018 Model 3 sometime in 2024 I suppose. Look forward to learning more from this forum over the next couple years.

If anyone in Stone Oak with an R1T wants to meet up I would love to see one up close!!!
I just scheduled my delivery for Tuesday at 1100. I’m just north of Stone Oak…shoot me a PM and we’ll find a time to meet up once I get the truck in my hands.

Moon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Its raining R1Ts here in DFW area. Finally the shop had not just one but many. I flipped and selected LE Green with AT Dark wheels and working on steps now - VIN 7FCTGAAL5NN003XXX. I do not mind the lower VIN.

Does LE run a different series than Adventure line, not that I care, just curious why such an old VIN was listed on the shop.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Its raining R1Ts here in DFW area. Finally the shop had not just one but many.
I was by Hawes late yesterday and there were probably at least 3 dozen vehicles in the fenced area, including 4 R1S that I noticed.

I found it interesting that there were a few vehicles along the fence line that had mirror tags labeled "Fleet". Perhaps service loaners or something?

Sponsored

2Labs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 85D
Interesting! Literally the first trucks I've seen in the shop since I've had access.

I'm holding out firm though for my limestone.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I'm waiting for my R1S. They said 2023. This takes me back to when I was five and waiting in line at an ice-cream store.

TXR1SMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 G63 AMG, 2020 X3M Competition
Occupation
Physician
I was by Hawes late yesterday and there were probably at least 3 dozen vehicles in the fenced area, including 4 R1S that I noticed.

I found it interesting that there were a few vehicles along the fence line that had mirror tags labeled "Fleet". Perhaps service loaners or something?
I saw those parked along the fence at Maple as well. I thought they may be First Mile demos.

2Labs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 85D
So the trucks that are in the shop as Launch Edition, is that safe to say that they would have lower VINs?

Moon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y

Sponsored

2Labs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 85D

Moon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Good to know!

However, yesterday I did grab one off of the shop. An adventure with a VIN in the mid 12's, so I'm happy.

I see you got one out of the shop on 9/18, do you have a delivery date yet?
Latest update, truck is awaiting transit. Looks like they can provide accurate dates only after it gets loaded.

2Labs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 85D
Latest update, truck is awaiting transit. Looks like they can provide accurate dates only after it gets loaded.
Gotcha. Hopefully mine was the last one they needed to make up a full truckload to Dallas. :)

Moon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
I'm holding out firm though for my limestone.
However, yesterday I did grab one off of the shop.
Congratulations! So, tell us more, how did this happen? Did you get one in Limestone or had to settle for any other color?

We all liked Limestone at home, El Cap was kind of second best color for us. Launch Green was not available at the time we were ordering, it was not in our radar, but the one we picked online had everything else close to our configuration except the external color, it is not a bad color, we like that too.

2Labs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 85D
Congratulations! So, tell us more, how did this happen? Did you get one in Limestone or had to settle for any other color?

We all liked Limestone at home, El Cap was kind of second best color for us. Launch Green was not available at the time we were ordering, it was not in our radar, but the one we picked online had everything else close to our configuration except the external color, it is not a bad color, we like that too.
Yeah so when the shop had a ton of trucks in it earlier this week, there weren't any that checked off most of my boxes. I almost pulled the trigger on an El Cap, 22 dark, and OC interior. Limestone was always my first choice, but it just seemed like I could be waiting for weeks more. However, I decided to hold off and that truck disappeared. I think on Monday there were 32 trucks in there, and it had whittled down to 6-7 by Tuesday afternoon/evening. The same trucks were there yesterday morning (and throughout the day, as I was constantly refreshing), and sometime around 2:30 a series of trucks appeared. I saw a Limestone with 22 sport dark, and OC interior. This was my original config, but I had switched to BM when I configured my truck last month, as my guide said that they weren't making the OC at the time, and I was too nervous to switch it back.

So I'm happy as can be. The only difference now between this and my original wish list was a spare.
Sponsored