Not open for further replies.

Bee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning, '23 Ioniq 5
Hey, so, I'm back. First, thanks to the admins for locking this thread, where I originally was posting about what I thought was a bug having access to a non-existent R1S shop. Turns out I was right, there is no R1S shop and it was a bug. Confirmed with my guide and it no longer comes up on my account.

Second, I can't get out of my guide whether or not I've been bumped up in any kind of priority. I'm 50-50 on it, part of me thinks I have a confirmed configuration, I'm pending relatively quickly. The other part of me says my reservation/configuration got uniquely bugged and I'm left with a 2024 reservation for an R1S (1/22 pre-order). This is what my screen looks like:

Rivian R1T R1S The R1S Shop (bug) 1670617812564

Third, I'll put out there that I'm posting this and providing updates because enough people are PMming me in a friendly manner. As for the drama, I just want to say you have no idea what it's like to get blind sided by you guys sounding off about how I'm angling for something or whatever other crap was being spewed about there. All of it is obviously false at face value if I'm sharing my experiences here and talking to my guide about it.

Fourth, if I do wind up getting early access I will be flagging it as a potential bug related to the R1S shop to my guide. If they put me back where I belong in line, fine, if they don't, whatever, life has strange turns. I'll even post it on here, because all of you are nuts. Including probably most of the people PMming me as I'm sure the majority on some level are trying to figure out what I did so they can do it too (some have even outright said so).

So that's how I'm choosing to handle this. If you think I'm on some secret mission to figure out a system to get an R1S early, you can move along because I don't want to talk to you. I came to post about a potential bug in the ordering system, and I'm coming back to talk about the same thing and keep those who were following informed. Including anyone at Rivian, which, again, I'll leave off, you're not being spied upon for a secret reservation system based on who deserves what, so let's just stop talking about it. Some Rivian employees seeing these threads on their own time or a social team monitoring things at a distance is not the same as somebody holding power over the entire reservation system personally intervening on peoples behalf. That department is called communications and even they're only slightly concerned with trending message board posts. Certainly not enough to start making personal interventions that could only serve to blow up in their face (and to solve what? what an internet mob's sense of my not deserving it? again, do you want to own a car from that company?)

So that's where I'm at. Again, 50-50 on whether or not the "Processing Estimate" just dumps over to 2024 and will post back here when it does. No secrets. No angling for early things. Either the early thing happened or it didn't and I'm not keeping it secret or gaming a system. I had come to talk on a message board community and that's really all there is to my motivations.

Peace, love and happiness, ya'll. And granola. Really granola first because you can't have any of the first 3 if you die of hunger.
Sponsored

R1TFTW

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I also have an R1T and my estimated delivery was 2024. I am hoping it might be a little sooner but thinking due to reserving SUV so late.

Reactions: Bee

DonkeyMcdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Raptor, Soon to be R1S
I had the R1S bug too, and when you click on it, you see it say R1T and then sorry no vehicles. I wasn’t going to say anything bc I was hoping it would show at some point!!! You ruined it!!! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Bee

sac602

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, Lexus NX Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks for the transparency and putting your self out there for the ravid mob of haters. I, for one, thought the post was interesting. For me, what is 1 more R1S ahead of mine. There will be another 50,000 of those probably, so who cares.

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

No ill intent, and I can appreciate your interest in the oddity you (and others) experienced. It truly seems like a glitch where you got bumped to guide status but have been moved back once a human looked at the facts.

In my opinion, the confusion is with your motivation to air this in public. If truly a glitch and you intent is noble it can be resolved without all this public attention.

Enjoy your new Rivian in good health in whatever circumstance it comes to you.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.