Sponsored

Very glad Rivian isn’t playing stupid games like Tesla here

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Not that bad it is like 90k, of course if it is shares you had in Nov 21 it would have been 203k back then.
...and to add to it, its a function of percent of portfolio one has, regardless of dollar amount.
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I wished Rivian had something similar for R1 (and R2 in the future) delivery.

Companies should reward long-term investors. Getting an early delivery for new products is a way.

Clearly stock price appreciation is the most significant way to reward the investors. Since Rivian doesn't pay dividends, this would be in-leu of.
Rivian is offering priority delivery for R1 owners.

It is a tough balance trying to honor loyalty and still growing customer base.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Rivian is offering priority delivery for R1 owners.

It is a tough balance trying to honor loyalty and still growing customer base.
Got that email. So I guess if a company wants to prioritize stock holder versus product owners, I agree with Rivian's approach.

Now we just need enhanced version for product owner who also owns stocks :)

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

I always hate changing rules in the middle of the game, which is what this is, but I don't hate the idea of rewarding corporate backers - stock holders, previous purchasers, etc. Rivian is prioritizing R2 delivery if you own an R1. Cruise lines give you on board credits if you own shares, etc.
I think it is a great idea. The best customers are return customers. Who else can promote a product better than current customers?

What I hope for early R2 adopters is not only prioritized purchase and delivery, but some sort of swag only available to current owners of R1s (e.g. pucks, full-size spare tire). I don't expect it and wouldn't 't demand it, but it is just a nice thought.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I think it is a great idea. The best customers are return customers. Who else can promote a product better than current customers?

What I hope for early R2 adopters is not only prioritized purchase and delivery, but some sort of swag only available to current owners of R1s (e.g. pucks, full-size spare tire). I don't expect it and wouldn't 't demand it, but it is just a nice thought.
I’m happy with priority delivery and would really be happy if they combined that with a week or so head-start on the configurator as well.

DonX

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
I think this is a great idea. The best clients are repeat clients. Who else can promote a product better than current customers? Manufacturers often resort to various marketing tricks and play various games with customers. This behavior reminds me of the online games on https://bestallgames.com, where various promotions are constantly organized for the pleasure of the players. Games from modern manufacturers resemble this behavior.

I doubt that the company's clients will have such bonuses. I think being on the buyer's priority list is also not a good idea. It's cool when a company recognizes you as an important client, it's nice. But I would not like to buy a new model right away, usually in the first or second year there may be some manufacturing defects and it is better to buy a new model after 1 or 2 years.
Sponsored

Last edited: