Sponsored

Where's this rubber piece from? (R1S tailgate area)

goodoljake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Management
I washed the ride today for the wife to save a few bucks and think I pulled two of these off from somewhere near the lower tailgate on my R1S. That's where I found them anyway. They are about the size of a nickel. Any help would be appreciated.
Rivian R1T R1S Where's this rubber piece from? (R1S tailgate area) 20240521_195618
Rivian R1T R1S Where's this rubber piece from? (R1S tailgate area) 20240521_195613
Rivian R1T R1S Where's this rubber piece from? (R1S tailgate area) 20240521_195611
Rivian R1T R1S Where's this rubber piece from? (R1S tailgate area) 20240521_195600
Rivian R1T R1S Where's this rubber piece from? (R1S tailgate area) 20240521_195555
Sponsored

Kww0311

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Attorney
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Where's this rubber piece from? (R1S tailgate area) IMG_0042
Rivian R1T R1S Where's this rubber piece from? (R1S tailgate area) IMG_0046

They are part of the spring retention system to keep this flap flush over the gap between the seat and cargo area. The glue failed on all four of mine. Repairs have been scheduled but not a high priority on my end.

OP
OP
goodoljake

goodoljake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Management
IMG_0042.jpeg
IMG_0046.jpeg

They are part of the spring retention system to keep this flap flush over the gap between the seat and cargo area. The glue failed on all four of mine. Repairs have been scheduled but not a high priority on my end.
Thank you, but not the same. Mine are rubber and not the same shape.

Greg Chick

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired Plumbing Contractor
Clubs

This is an example of what this site is all about! So well done and great pictures perfect results.

Glad no one is cursing Rivian for the parts coming loose.

Just wait till the next OTA...

Sponsored

OP
OP
goodoljake

goodoljake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Management
This is an example of what this site is all about! So well done and great pictures perfect results.

Glad no one is cursing Rivian for the parts coming loose.

Just wait till the next OTA...
Still not sure what my rubber part is however do appreciate the quick replies and effort to help.

Greg Chick

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired Plumbing Contractor
Clubs

Still not sure what my rubber part is however do appreciate the quick replies and effort to help.
The rubber part is for putting in the drain holes in the black plastic interior part of the tailgate. at bottom that is covered when the tailgate is closed. see the picture below this post

OP
OP
goodoljake

goodoljake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Management
The rubber part is for putting in the drain holes in the black plastic interior part of the tailgate. at bottom that is covered when the tailgate is closed. see the picture below this post
Got it. Case closed. Thanks all!
Sponsored