Sean888

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Need some running boards since some in my family have a bit of an issue with the height of the R1S. Which running boards do you think are overall the best and why? Here are the contenders that show up the most on SEO, etc. Thanks!!!
  1. EVBase
  2. EV Sportline
  3. Hansshow
  4. RPM
Sponsored

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

If your looking for running boards only, EVbase is my choice. They are the most economically priced and the new design is nice. They are sturdy too. I have a code for 20% off as well.

All the options are good though and if you need rock sliders for off road protection then its EVsportline or DCE.

I did a video on the EVBASE running boards.

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

But in all seriousness; just do some research on this forum mate. Then make your own informed decision rather than choice by responding popularity.

RivianPioneer

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Lawyer
I got the @EV Sportline ones. It took a while to get them as they are in much greater demand than they have inventory, but they are a company that has been around for a while, the product is solid, they do great videos to guide you to install, and their communication is good. I’ve been buying from them for years for my Tesla before my Rivian and the experience has always been good. I’ve bought things from Hansshow and RPM too, and the quality of the items and the level of support I’ve gotten from them has never been quite as good as EVSportline.

Last edited:

Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

I don’t have an R1S, but have EV Sportline running boards on my T, and love them. Excellent quality, very sturdy, and USA made.

EVBase and Hansshow are identical to each other (clones) and don’t feel as solid compared to EV Sportline.

I haven’t seen RPM in person, and I dislike the design and application. Looks cheap to me.

OP
OP

Sean888

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I don’t have an R1S, but have EV Sportline running boards on my T, and love them. Excellent quality, very sturdy, and USA made.

EVBase and Hansshow are identical to each other (clones) and don’t feel as solid compared to EV Sportline.

I haven’t seen RPM in person, and I dislike the design and application. Looks cheap to me.
Thanks! It seems like from what I've read, the EV Sportsline is the consensus favorite. It's more expensive, but I'm guessing "you get what you pay for"

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

If your looking for running boards only, EVbase is my choice. They are the most economically priced and the new design is nice. They are sturdy too. I have a code for 20% off as well.

All the options are good though and if you need rock sliders for off road protection then its EVsportline or DCE.

I did a video on the EVBASE running boards.

Can you please share the code?

Sponsored

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

These are the very robust Direct Current Engineering rock sliders sold by Weistec Engineering. They should outlast the R1S.
Rivian R1T R1S Which R1S Running Boards? IMG_3141

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I've been looking for a set too. At the moment I'm not liking any of the available ones. I'm more concerned about the ground clearance of #1 vs. #2. I'd get #1 because it's so cheap IF the ground clearance was the same. The other (minor) issue with #2 is the shipping. It's not a very complicated part. I'm not convinced that there is that much difference between one and the other in terms of load bearing etc. Let us know what you end up getting.

Jccoryell

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Train conductor
Need some running boards since some in my family have a bit of an issue with the height of the R1S. Which running boards do you think are overall the best and why? Here are the contenders that show up the most on SEO, etc. Thanks!!!
  1. EVBase
  2. EV Sportline
  3. Hansshow
  4. RPM
I just installed my EV Sportline running boards on my R1S. I'm happy with them. Just be sure to have a breaker bar to bust those bolts off. Rivian installed them with Locktite. My concern is their weight. They are heavy as hell. I have to wonder how much more juice these behemoths are burning with those heavy running boards

OP
OP

Sean888

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

1. EVBase
  2. EV Sportline
  3. Hansshow
  4. RPM
After a day of going down forum, youtube, fb pages, website rabbit holes (which was actually fun for me), I'm going with EV Sportline. Interestingly EV Sportline received 77% of 79 votes in a poll I held on one of the Rivian FB pages I follow.

Very excited to get going. Very concerned about my ability to not screw up the underbody plastic paneling when I cut circular holes for the brackets!

RivianPioneer

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Lawyer

The things I have gotten from them are more cheaply made, in general.
Sponsored