• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: California Wristband

sean_k

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Selling my wristband key. Price includes shipping to ConUS.

SOLD

-Sean

Rivian R1T R1S Wristband IMG_3942
Sponsored

Last edited:

BoilermakeR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Buyers beware! FYI, I talked to the Rivian Service Center people in Franklin Tennessee today and asked about getting a wrist band key. They made it clear that ONLY owners of a Launch Edition Rivian are able to have and utilize the wristband keys. If you buy one and don’t own a Launch Edition Rivian, they will NOT activate it, so it’s useless.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Buyers beware! FYI, I talked to the Rivian Service Center people in Franklin Tennessee today and asked about getting a wrist band key. They made it clear that ONLY owners of a Launch Edition Rivian are able to have and utilize the wristband keys. If you buy one and don’t own a Launch Edition Rivian, they will NOT activate it, so it’s useless.
False information. That particular service center may be misinformed. I just had another one activated yesterday, that I purchased secondhand.

Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
Clubs

Where did you have one activated yesterday? And do you own a Launch Edition?
I submitted a service ticket on the app. Someone from central service scheduling confirmed the info, and then forwarded to the keys and access team. It was all done within 3 hours after submitting a ticket.

I am not a launch owner, nor was the seller of the wrist band (they bought it used as well).

BoilermakeR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I submitted a service ticket on the app. Someone from central service scheduling confirmed the info, and then forwarded to the keys and access team. It was all done within 3 hours after submitting a ticket.

I am not a launch owner, nor was the seller of the wrist band (they bought it used as well).
Well I just think buyers should be aware and not get stuck with a useless bracelet. If you were indeed able to get one activated without being a Launch Edition owner, consider yourself lucky.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
Clubs

Well I just think buyers should be aware and not get stuck with a useless bracelet. If you were indeed able to get one activated without being a Launch Edition owner, consider yourself lucky.
Again, I wouldn’t call this a notion of being lucky… I still do believe your service center is misinformed. If this were a national policy, the keys & access team would have been the first to know, and likely the team to nationalize the policy to all service centers.

I now have 2 wristband keys for our R1.

Stevetom84

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Non-launch R1T owner, I have 2 wristbands I was able to activate by submitting the request to the keys team. Service center wasn't involved at all and was all done remotely.

Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
Clubs

Okay, who exactly on the Keys Team does one contact and how do you reach them?
Submit a service request on your phone, to have a new wristband key assigned. You need to include the donor vehicle’s owner name and VIN, and your vehicle’s VIN, and the wristband key ID number. They will not be able to process the transfer without this information.

You will be contacted by a general service advisor to confirm the details. Ask them to forward to the Keys and Access team. You cannot contact them directly.

BoilermakeR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Do you physically have to take the wristband key to a service center once the Keys and Access Team responds to your request?

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
Clubs

Do you physically have to take the wristband key to a service center once the Keys and Access Team responds to your request?
No. It’s all done remotely. Once they have the key ID number, it’s synced with your vehicle for future recognition.

bronco7777

First Name
Orlando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fisker Ocean ONE, Kia EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Analyst
I'm new to Rivian. I'm about to become an owner as soon as I finish my current process to purchase a demo vehicle R1S. This car is not a launch edition. Nonetheless I'd like to have a wristband key. Is the only way to get one of these through ebay or FB marketplace? Or can you place an order with Rivian for one of these? What's the latest path for this?
Sponsored