Sponsored

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Mine's at $80k with Large - looking at the configurator they still don't have the bigger one - they also don't price the new Dual Motor (not available with Launch Edition).

I don't actually recall what the price was before - was it $70k?
Base for the R1S LE (no options, just base) was $75K. That's now $90K. When you add in the potential tax implications if there does end up being an $80K or so cap, that's a $22,500 move.
Sponsored

Cway

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S and Jeep Gladiator
Also, “ On R1T Adventure and Explore packages, the tonneau cover is now a selectable upgrade.”

So are LE prices increasing also? Or just Adventure and Explore?
I have a LE R1S and my configurations went from 81k to 95.5k.... pretty sure I'm canceling out of principle....

schalliol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S6, Honda Odyssey
Here's my Non-LE R1S as currently on the site despite seeing this is $90K if you configure one now. Are we still clear on our pricing? Definitely not going a fit at $90K, and I sure hope that after taking our deposits they'll hold to our price! From some others adjusted, it looks like you're okay if you don't make any changes.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T & R1S Updated Pricing, Configuration, Specs. Dual Motor Now Available Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 5.11.40 PM

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Wow, mine went from $74,500 to $88,750. For nothing changing on my end. Not sure i'm willing to pay that difference.

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV-Kona EV+ORDERED R1T-Canoo PU-SilveradoEV
:angry: I just received this email a few minutes ago. The competition is looking better and better everyday :angry: Can you say " BAIT & SWITCH "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As our production continues to ramp up, we want to share new information that affects your Rivian preorder. 

Vehicle base pricing and the cost of certain options, upgrades and accessories have increased. On R1T Adventure and Explore packages, the tonneau cover is now a selectable upgrade.

We’re in the process of updating your Rivian Account page to reflect these adjustments and we will send you an email notification when the update is complete. Until then, all product and pricing updates can be viewed in our CONFURATOR

These price increases — the result of inflationary pressure on the cost of supplier components and raw materials across the world — will allow us to maintain product excellence as we continue investing in electrification for our shared future. We remain committed to offering compelling products and helping drive competition, inspiring as many drivers as possible to switch to electric vehicles.

To that end, today we’re also announcing the introduction of Rivian Dual-Motor AWD for both R1T and R1S. Dual-Motor AWD features one motor for each axle for exceptional power and control. The system is designed to excel both off-road and on-road, going from 0-60 mph in as few as 4.0 seconds while still delivering all-wheel traction. Deliveries are planned to begin in 2024. We are also introducing our 260+ mile range Standard battery pack, with deliveries planned to begin in 2024.* Dual-Motor AWD and Standard battery pack are available now in our configurator, where you can find more information on each.

We’re grateful to you for being an early supporter of Rivian and helping drive the EV movement towards an enduring and livable world. If you have any questions about your preorder, we’re here to answer them.  

Thank you again for being on this journey with us.

— Team Rivian

*Please note that changes to any existing preorder may affect your vehicle’s delivery window.

Sponsored

Marty

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi
Wow what a price increase as this comes out before earning call and their “new tool” for estimated deliveries!

tbone

First Name
Bannister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexi
Occupation
Sales
Holy crap, a $16,125 price increase for my configuration? It also seems that being a multi-year reservation holder doesn't protect pricing, either.

This may be the final nail in the coffin, for me. I'm seriously considering canceling my reservation. Between abysmal communication, endless missed deadlines and broken promises, no CarPlay, lack of basic/expected features, and a dramatic price increase... I'll sleep on the final decision, but I think "I'm out".
Add the extension on the delivery date. I’m out. Good luck !

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
I’m out guys. It’s been fun.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

My R1S went up $13k from $83,000 to $96,000

Last edited:

Sponsored

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

22 minute wait to chat with a representative to request my refund. *waves from in line*
My question is - will they honor current pricing and this is just for changes? Or is this a straight up price increase. Because my current config still shows $75K. But if I go to change it, that's where I see $90K now. Can I leave it alone and still get the current price?

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Now we know whey they have so many trucks they didn't deliver. Wanted that extra money from each one.

At this point I think I'm out. My config went up about $16k. I'm not compromising on what I wanted to get to the previous price.

TN2NFL80

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX 450 Hybrid F-Sport
Disappointment after disappointment. July ‘19 Max Pack reservation holder. With this price increase, I’m out. It’s not about the money; I can afford it. It’s about how they’ve conducted the business, especially for the folks who were on board early on.

tnawara

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance 2022
One small positive note: The tow hooks are now included with the LE/Adventure package and separate from the $2000 Reinforced Underbody Shield
Sponsored