Sponsored

Service offering to give me free spare tire or should I request something else??

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
To help make up for some issues, service offered to give me a spare tire. They are open to something else but say they can not get just any item from the shop. So no wall charger that I'd actually use.

Any ideas?

It's nice to offer the tire but I’m not sure I could even lift it and then it’s always there eating a bit of your mileage.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
Never thought to ask but they presented it as giving me the spare tire if I'd not ordered one with the truck.

I'm guessing it's their goto as the truck is expensive and some folks were disappointed that there is a space for a spare but no spare included in the launch edition by default.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Exactly what type of issues have you experienced?

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
To help make up for some issues, service offered to give me a spare tire. They are open to something else but say they can not get just any item from the shop. So no wall charger that I'd actually use.

Any ideas?

It's nice to offer the tire but I’m not sure I could even lift it and then it’s always there eating a bit of your mileage.
The person or service you call when you have a flat can lift it. And no, it is not eating away at your mileage. Maybe your storage......

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

If you want a wall charger you could probably sell the spare, especially if they include the jack kit, and then buy the charger.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Take the spare and if you truly don’t want it, sell it to one of the many spare tire hungry bastards around here and use that money to buy yourself whatever charger you want.

OP
OP

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
The person or service you call when you have a flat can lift it. And no, it is not eating away at your mileage. Maybe your storage......
It's pretty heavy and it'll always be there so it's going to affect the mileage. Not a ton but like folks that drive around with tons of stuff in there runk and or back seat it'll add up over time.

I guess I do need to check and see what roadside assistance I have and what they do when there's no spare and the quick repair kit can't be used.

OP
OP

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
Exactly what type of issues have you experienced?
Too many to list unfortunately. I wanted them to take the truck back but they delayed until after the 7 days and then said their legal department didn't need to take it back even though they told me I can get a new truck. No problem. There were issues on day of delivery. Issues I think they knew about. You can search for my post about it if you want to feel sad. Tons of pics and descriptions. They've had it for like 2 months now.

OP
OP

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
If you want a wall charger you could probably sell the spare, especially if they include the jack kit, and then buy the charger.
Would the jack kit normally be included with the spare when you order it with the truck?

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

OP
OP

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
Take the spare and if you truly don’t want it, sell it to one of the many spare tire hungry bastards around here and use that money to buy yourself whatever charger you want.
That may be where I end up. I was just hoping to get something I could actually use directly and then not have to spend time finding somebody to buy it. That doesn't want me to bring it to them and so on.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
That may be where I end up. I was just hoping to get something I could actually use directly and then not have to spend time finding somebody to buy it. That doesn't want me to bring it to them and so on.
I get it. Selling anything privately is a pain.

I think because the spare tires are the most in demand item other than the vehicles themselves and you live in CA where there are quite a few Rivians already you would have no trouble getting rid of it. And if the service department pus it in your spare storage area, whomever you sell it to would happily unload it for you I’m sure.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Why would you think you might not have use for a spare tire? If you drive, you might need a spare tire eventually... and the Rivian spec. tires are not stocked by any tire dealers so a blowout puts you out of commission till you somehow manage to get a tire from Rivian directly.

Take the spare tire setup (jack and all) and say Thank You!
Sponsored