Sponsored

Lost at least 1 rear motor (Update: Fixed, then rear ended on way home, 2nd update critical battery issue)

OP
OP

majorfriend

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Cruiser 100, Launch Edition R1T, Mustang Mach
Occupation
IT Consultant
Well 3 weeks after the truck went into the service center and....I'm still waiting.

Just got a call that they installed the new battery pack, but were having the same issues with contactor staying open and draining the 12 volts. They did some more investigation and tracked it down to something in the rear drive unit which was causing that to stay open.

Which suspiciously, the rear drive unit is what started this whole thing off and what was just replaced last month. Even more odd, the night before I woke up to find my truck dead I had a dream that had installed something incorrectly at the SC when replacing that rear drive unit.

Anyway, for now the plan is to get another new rear drive unit and do some more investigation to see if something is causing an issue with those units.

Hoping to have the truck back early next week, sigh....
Sponsored

OP
OP

majorfriend

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Cruiser 100, Launch Edition R1T, Mustang Mach
Occupation
IT Consultant
She's finally home again!!!

After 1 month and 3 days at the service center I was able to pick my truck up again.

Ended up with not one but two new HV battery packs going in, new 12V batteries, and another new rear drive unit (there was an issue with the drive unit that was put in back in March and it needed replaced again, so this is the third rear drive unit).

All in all after my first 74 days of ownership the truck has spent 43 days at the service center.

And I still need to get the bumper replaced after I was rear ended on my way home from the service center back on April 1.

I really love the truck and I'm hoping my luck improves from here, it's been a rough start to say the least.