Sponsored

Launch Green / Compass Yellow in Shop?

juice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic
Does anybody have a feeling for what my chances are of scoring a launch green or compass yellow R1S in the shop at this point? For context, I’m in Southern California.
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I’d be curious, have not heard much about launch green lately, love mine would be curious if they are still making them.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I haven't seen a Launch edition in there for at least a couple months, pretty sure they've about run them out. I should've jumped on the one I saw, but we weren't ready.

R1SPilot85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I’d be curious, have not heard much about launch green lately, love mine would be curious if they are still making them.
I just got a launch green last week I found in the store in September R1S with ocean coast. I’m in Tampa.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I saw a bunch of LG in August and there was a yellow one that stayed for weeks. I'd keep looking.

Sponsored

EV4sure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GLC300, Tesla Model 3
I found a Launch Green towards end of Sept in the R1S store. Recent vin too so they’re still making them on occasion. I read somewhere they’ll still be making LEs until next year but forget where.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
They can't stop making LE vehicles until they deliver all of the LE orders. Which they will never do until they reverse their policy of not making deliveries in locations deemed too far from a service center.

NCRivian2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LE Rivian LG
We just received our Launch Green with Green interior from the shop! 2023 build. We picked it up in Atlanta and it's amazing!

Jumacao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T PDM MP CY, Tesla Model Y, Energica Eva
Occupation
Legal
They can't stop making LE vehicles until they deliver all of the LE orders. Which they will never do until they reverse their policy of not making deliveries in locations deemed too far from a service center.
Tell that to the people who ordered Compass Yellow, the quad motor max pack, or the original ocean cost interior. Rivian will stop making LE vehicles when it no longer makes a good business case to manufacture them.

Sponsored

edman007

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CY R1S
I would say high, I was CY, Quad, OC, R1S...was supposed to be built around now...but I found one in the shop 2 weeks ago and took that which I'm getting next week. So I know for a fact that there are still CYs being built, and when I was looking there was a few CYs in the shop every week. I feel like my config may get built and sent to the shop as I was very close to getting the build.

Launch Green is harder to find that CY as it's only available to early reservation holders.

PhatDaddy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T RC PDM Max 20” ATs
Occupation
Retired IT
When I counted just over 300 R1Ts in the Central Florida adjacent shop on 11/01, there were at least 6 CY. At that time there were zero LG R1Ts and the selector for LG was X’ed out as not available for me to select. No idea on R1Ss.

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
There's a long backstory to this, but in the interest of brevity, I'll simply say that I've had an R1S LE reserved for quite a while. Delivery has always been shown on my account as "Processing estimate", but I am hopeful that the update planned for this month will provide some detail.

As we are nearly at the end of 2023, my R1S surely can't be delivered until next year. Given that I have a Launch Edition configured, it would appear that Rivian will be producing them for some time to come. It's not clear to me however, as to whether any newly produced LE will include things like the Meridian sound system and the additional 12V outlet that were originally part of that configuration.

Specifics: R1S LE, Red Canyon, OC/dark wood interior, 20" Brite wheels.

Last edited:

edman007

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CY R1S
But you don't have a LG LE. I expect them to do the same thing they did to me with the CY. They had an end date in mind so they shifted me 6 months to the left to fit me into that last color batch. I expect LG is going away very soon, maybe even doing it with the CY, only they wouldn't announce it as it's already known to be ending, so they'd just shift the people with LG to the left and do it. If they end LG, the only way to tell is LE preorder holders would see the LG option disappear

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

FWIW I saw a CY DM Max pack R1T in the 'available now' section today. Didn't think that is a config they would have made at this point. So you never know..

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green / Compass Yellow in Shop? 1698951954461
Sponsored