First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, ID4
Occupation
consulting
Launch Green sucks! Compass Yellow is the best color. I get sooo many compliments I cannot tell you.

IMG_9309.JPG
Those people with their thumbs up aren’t complimenting the truck. They’re trying to hail a ride.

JK I actually like it. But you gotta admit the color is a little cab-like.
Sponsored

PhatDaddy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T RC PDM Max 20” ATs
Occupation
Retired IT
As of 12:01 AM 11/03 in Central Florida adjacent inventory there are:
16 CY (15 Quad Large and 1 Perf Dual Max)
5 LG LE (all Quad Large)

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

It's not clear to me however, as to whether any newly produced LE will include things like the Meridian sound system and the additional 12V outlet that were originally part of that configuration.

Specifics: R1S LE, Red Canyon, OC/dark wood interior, 20" Brite wheels.
Let me clear that up for you - it won’t come with any of those; the meridian or both 12V. They are gone.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

OP asked about R1S. There are 3 CY R1S's in my central Illinois shop this morning. They weren't in my shop 24 hours ago.

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green / Compass Yellow in Shop? R1S CY shop 11Nov23

Jumacao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T PDM MP CY, Tesla Model Y, Energica Eva
Occupation
Legal
I asked Customer Service specifically about the CY R1T Max Packs, and their explanation was that they made a few for the "earliest reservation holders" who decided not to take delivery.

I assume it's the same deal with the CY R1Ss we're seeing in the shop now

Sponsored

RivRyan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, ID4
Occupation
consulting
Interesting to see that offering at $77,500. I've been looking at R1Ts and have yet to find one under the $80k tax credit threshold, though there are many at $80,750. I had thought R1S was more expensive. Do R1S's often come in under $80?

OP
OP

juice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic
Well, great news. I just snagged a launch green R1S with sport wheels off of the shop!

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Interesting to see that offering at $77,500. I've been looking at R1Ts and have yet to find one under the $80k tax credit threshold, though there are many at $80,750. I had thought R1S was more expensive. Do R1S's often come in under $80?
They have a pre-price-hike reservation. My yellow/oc/quad/22 R1S was only 78k. If you are pre-price-hike, it's hard to go over 80k.

About the only way to go over 80k with a pre-price hike reservation is with the dark wheels or underbody protection options.

Those expensive options are pretty common in the shop, but relatively rare elsewhere. I think they may intentionally populate the shop with those unusually expensive configurations hoping that people are willing to buy options they don't really want to expedite things.

Last edited:

RivRyan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, ID4
Occupation
consulting
Thanks for the explainer.

I continue to find it surprising that there are so many R1Ts in what I'll call the "open shop" (the shop as seen by people who don't have a reservation) at $80,750. There must be sufficient demand for R1T to easily support current production levels.

Because otherwise, surely they'd drop the price of some by $750 to give consumers an $8,000 cut (with the tax credit). I'd be in at $72,500, but can't sell my wife at ~$81k.
Sponsored