Sponsored

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Adapters may have been a must in 2013, not so much now with the increased availability of public chargers. So why include it if it decreases your gross margin and people won't use it.

Also, nothing in life is free. "Free supercharging" is paid for in the price of the car.
It’s free to me.
and… have you seen the reliability problems with these public chargers.

OH My… new to EV owners are in for a big surprise.
Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Thanks for the information. Best of luck to you.
Yes, thanks for the information and dealing with some of the irrational tirades from us.

Drterreur

First Name
Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model3 Dual motor
Occupation
Healthcare
It’s free to me.
and… have you seen the reliability problems with these public chargers.

OH My… new to EV owners are in for a big surprise.
Again, you paid for it in the price of your car. It's like saying you get a free straw when you order a soda.

As for reliability for chargers, experience vary from network to networks. In Québec, circuit electric has been rock solid and I have been using it since 2013 with my Nissan Leaf.

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla X Plaid, 2004 s2000, Huracan Evo, +
Some details for you guys.

projector for the rivian logo is built into the side mirror

Rivian R1T R1S ? First non-Rivian employee delivery - to owner in NYC!! [Updated with Owner's Q&A, Info, Feedback] 35C77D27-B363-46BF-853A-B5B253828A97

Dash UI is nice as the proximity is nice and clear though I wish it told you inches like Tesla does. Bottom right is quite cool it shows you drive mode and suspension height.

Rivian R1T R1S ? First non-Rivian employee delivery - to owner in NYC!! [Updated with Owner's Q&A, Info, Feedback] E538E7C0-CB67-4D06-AA29-E275708B8B43

iloverivian

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer, Toyota Prius
Hi iwantatesla, Congrats on your new Rivian!! im super excited to receive mine whenever it comes. Just had a quick question, wondering if rivian is accurate on their delivery windows. What was your delivery window when they sent you the email. Did you have an earlier one compared to other people who have delivery windows in march. Thanks and congrats again.

Sponsored

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
How many cupholders does the Plaid have again?? It has four, exactly the number it should have. The entire European automotive industry has a blatant and fierce disdain for cupholders and those that use them, and they are doing just fine. They intentionally design the few they do provide to make them as hard to find and least functional as possible.

Rivian will not go bankrupt because their truck only has four cupholders. That's one for every occupant (there will rarely be five passengers like in any back seat except a work truck). There are numerous reasons they could go bankrupt, but I'm sure that is not one of them.

I beg to differ on Ford knowing their customers, as they misjudged the demand for the Lightning by a factor of 4-5x and it's going to cost them. I'd also like a diagram on where the F150 has 10+ cupholders to believe it. And the door pockets and under the seat don't count. I count perhaps 6, and that means at least one is unused at all times.
I like you ?

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I'm just gonna say it:

Who needs 30 cupholders when you can just put a pony keg in the gear tunnel and run the tap out through the gear tunnel door in the back seat?

Oh you didn't need all those cupholders for road beers? Well sorry for partying.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Hi iwantatesla, Congrats on your new Rivian!! im super excited to receive mine whenever it comes. Just had a quick question, wondering if rivian is accurate on their delivery windows. What was your delivery window when they sent you the email. Did you have an earlier one compared to other people who have delivery windows in march. Thanks and congrats again.
I have searched for that information as well. I too, would like to know if Rivian is somewhat on schedule. It's been asked several times, but best I can tell no pre-order date has been given, as well as no delivery window, that was sent via email in November. There may be a reason why this information isn't being released. Any reason is acceptable to me. However, I do have that information in my signature below. Maybe I shouldn't?

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Good lord, no one has remotely asked for 20-30 cup holders. Four total, and two of which are not accessible if the middle seat is occupied, is very low for a five passenger vehicle. Ask for more than 2-4 and somehow that means you want 20?

“The middle seat won’t be used.” Speak for yourself. I’ll have a car seat there, which means there’s only two cup holders in the whole truck. The door pockets cannot hold a drink cup, only certain sized sealed bottles.

“If you want cup holders get a minivan.” Since when are cup holders a minivan-exclusive feature?

I really can’t roll my eyes hard enough at some of you. If you don’t care about the cup holders that’s fine. Why do you feel the need to shit on those of us that do?

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Good lord, no one has remotely asked for 20-30 cup holders. Four total, and two of which are not accessible if the middle seat is occupied, is very low for a five passenger vehicle. Ask for more than 2-4 and somehow that means you want 20?

“The middle seat won’t be used.” Speak for yourself. I’ll have a car seat there, which means there’s only two cup holders in the whole truck. The door pockets cannot hold a drink cup, only certain sized sealed bottles.

“If you want cup holders get a minivan.” Since when are cup holders a minivan-exclusive feature?

I really can’t roll my eyes hard enough at some of you. If you don’t care about the cup holders that’s fine. Why do you feel the need to shit on those of us that do?
I told a true story on this forum of my humorous encounter with RJ in Atlanta. My nephew and I asked RJ why we could find NO cupholders in the prototype R1S two feet in front of us. Surprised, he jumped in the passenger seat — looked hard everywhere — paused, grinned, then said: “There will be cup holders!”. Suggestion given, suggestion received, RJ lived up to his word. ?

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
@Iwantatesla couple of quick questions when you have a moment.

1) How long does it take the UI to boot up from a cold start? More specifically, how quickly you can take your seat, buckle up, put the vehicle in reverse, have the backup camera show up on the screen, and start backing out of the driveway? Is the R1 ready when you are or do you find yourself waiting for it to catch up to you?

2) Is the UI "sticky" between driving sessions, ie does it remember what you were doing last including things like which drive mode you were in or does it always reset to some default configuration?

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

Like many others, I find the fixation on cup holders a bit odd, but hey, to each his own. The way I look at it, sure you may lose 2 cup holders in the back with a car seat or person in the middle, but you also gain 2 cup holders with every extra person. And, they’re portable! ?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model Y

35C77D27-B363-46BF-853A-B5B253828A97.jpeg

Dash UI is nice as the proximity is nice and clear though I wish it told you inches like Tesla does. Bottom right is quite cool it shows you drive mode and suspension height.

E538E7C0-CB67-4D06-AA29-E275708B8B43.jpeg
Are you getting a lot of attention?

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Like many others, I find the fixation on cup holders a bit odd, but hey, to each his own. The way I look at it, sure you may lose 2 cup holders in the back with a car seat or person in the middle, but you also gain 2 cup holders with every extra person. And, they’re portable! ?
It's not a "fixation" per se, more like an observation that turned into a bunch of back-and-forth between people who are concerned about the lack and others shitting on those who have a concern by exaggerating their position.

Reactions: hed

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck

Love this. I will use the crap out of this to hypermile:

Rivian R1T R1S ? First non-Rivian employee delivery - to owner in NYC!! [Updated with Owner's Q&A, Info, Feedback] 1639541764065
Sponsored