Sponsored

andder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S (soon), Jeep Gladiator, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Software Engineer
How did your delivery go? Were they able to transfer your R1S from Normal to a service center closer to you?
Well, not in-hand yet. Tentative delivery date was scheduled for May 4. Checked with my guide last week for an update and to see if that date could be bumped up a bit but it hadn't "quite" left Normal left. :oops: Still got the fingers crossed, but a bit more radio silent on its progress than I'd prefer.
Sponsored

thuel

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, Nissan Leaf
I was lucky enough to get my R1T order in before they stopped shipping and finally picked it up last Saturday. I went through a couple weeks of delays without much insight into what the issue was, but everything worked out in the end.

Overall it was in great shape without any major issues. There were a couple of small scratches and one little dent and the person handling pickup encouraged me to put in service tickets for those issues, so we'll see if they take care of them or not. I've talked to a couple of folks scheduling service though and there's been no red flags so far. All in all, I'm really happy to get a lightly used truck for a good price!

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited, R1S Launch Green
Clubs

Found an R1S demo - QM with 20" and underbody shield (what I wanted in my first R1S). I'm unsure about pulling the trigger or waiting for a refresh and leasing one of those.

How quickly did the process happen for everyone? I'd like to pick it up by Saturday. My first purchase was quick but still took almost a week.

DonkeyKong

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch & 2022 R1T Quad
What did we figure out on the tax credit for these? My demo contract shows a $3,750 credit listed at point of sale but they are not actually subtracting it from the amount owed. Seems a bit sketchy and makes me nervous I won’t get it back on taxes if it is listed on the contract.

Patrick87

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Occupation
Sales
What did we figure out on the tax credit for these? My demo contract shows a $3,750 credit listed at point of sale but they are not actually subtracting it from the amount owed. Seems a bit sketchy and makes me nervous I won’t get it back on taxes if it is listed on the contract.
It's my understanding that since these are sold as "new", and since the sales price = MSRP (since it's coming directly from the manufacturer), as long as it's under $80k it qualifies for the tax credit. You get that when you file your taxes, not up front though, unless Rivian ends up including these demos under their "point of sale" deal they've recently started doing on new 2024 purchases. That new "policy" was just implemented about a week ago and I doubt they'll extend that promotion to demos.

That's my understanding of it, at least. If anyone finds that I'm wrong on that, feel free to correct me.

Sponsored

DonkeyKong

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's my understanding that since these are sold as "new", and since the sales price = MSRP (since it's coming directly from the manufacturer), as long as it's under $80k it qualifies for the tax credit. You get that when you file your taxes, not up front though, unless Rivian ends up including these demos under their "point of sale" deal they've recently started doing on new 2024 purchases. That new "policy" was just implemented about a week ago and I doubt they'll extend that promotion to demos.

That's my understanding of it, at least. If anyone finds that I'm wrong on that, feel free to correct me.
Thanks for the info. It is listed on my contract as PoS at $3,750, but not actually part of the calculations.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I was told no POS rebate on the demo. I did get the $3750 rebate on my previous 23 and Rivian provided the IRS (and me) tax docs so I feel Rivian are pretty organized and thorough.

DonkeyKong

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was told no POS rebate on the demo. I did get the $3750 rebate on my previous 23 and Rivian provided the IRS (and me) tax docs so I feel Rivian are pretty organized and thorough.
Here is the message I just received.

After review, I can confirm that the Point of Sale EV Credit is listed at $3,750.00 on line 19 of the agreement but it appears to me that the Unpaid Balance does not include the credit. I am currently working with the digital support team to get this corrected for you.

Patrick87

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Occupation
Sales
Sounds like they have updated their policy on the demos to apply the tax rebate as a point of sale discount, then. That's great news!

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Here is the message I just received.

After review, I can confirm that the Point of Sale EV Credit is listed at $3,750.00 on line 19 of the agreement but it appears to me that the Unpaid Balance does not include the credit. I am currently working with the digital support team to get this corrected for you.
Sounds like they have updated their policy on the demos to apply the tax rebate as a point of sale discount, then. That's great news!
Yes this is an interesting development.

@DonkeyKong when are you picking up? This whole process is going much slower than I expected. I was hoping to be in Atlanta checking out the R2/R3 while picking up my R1S but I guess the earliest will be mid/late next week.

DonkeyKong

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes this is an interesting development.

@DonkeyKong when are you picking up? This whole process is going much slower than I expected. I was hoping to be in Atlanta checking out the R2/R3 while picking up my R1S but I guess the earliest will be mid/late next week.
May 6th in Orlando. It was planned for April 29th but I am out of town. They still have not fixed the contract however.
Sponsored