Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Holy Moses. On a forum where ridiculousness has run rampant, this thread was next level.

I would recommend that some of you get a life, but i just sat here and caught up on 13 pages - a good portion of which was complete drivel (but the award for most LOL worthy comment goes to Rivian going bankrupt because they don't have enough CH's - I'm sure that author knows a lot more about Rivian's target market and which features best serve them than the folks running the company)
Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Adapters may have been a must in 2013, not so much now with the increased availability of public chargers. So why include it if it decreases your gross margin and people won't use it.

Also, nothing in life is free. "Free supercharging" is paid for in the price of the car.
This right here. Like I said in a post somewhere above, Tesla pulled the 14-50 plug from the kit based on actual user statistics. It totally makes sense for them to do this.

That said, where they have "failed" is not making it a more accessible solution to those who need it or communicating to customers that they will have to buy it separately. No reason when you configure your car, there isn't a screen to add these little accessories right then and there like the HomeLink garage door module and the 14-50 plug (or other plug adapters they sell) and then when your car is delivered, they're all in your frunk or rear compartment waiting for you. In the case of the HomeLink, it's a service-center installed option. No reason it can't be added to your order and installed at the SC prior to delivery.

Free supercharging, yes, it's accounted for in the price of the car. Tesla has taken it away and brought it back a few times as car prices fluctuate. Sometimes the terms have changed in that originally the car maintained the free supercharging status for life. Other times it did not transfer to the new owner. Tesla has recently offered the free 1000 mile, 5000 mile or lifetime supercharging perks as incentives on pre-owned cars or to help move more cars at the end of a quarter. They have in the past also offered it up as a purchase item. IIRC it was $3000 for lifetime charging at one point. I would not have paid it if buying a car at that time... I do 95%+ of all my charging at home so I'd have to keep the car 10+ years to recover the cost.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
It's free for a year. I am OK letting Rivian work this out while I am in my free period. Anything membership based is subject to change. My cable features have changed. My Audible membership has changed. Memberships evolve with pricing and features adjustments based on market demand and competition. This is why car manufacturer's are moving to this type of residual income model.
This and they are also trying to monetize these features because they know that EV's are going to drastically change the maintenance paradigm. No more oil changes every 5K to 8K miles and brake pads and rotors last twice as long. They're going to be able to sell you tires, flush and clean your AC system and do simple repairs for income once warranty periods expire. The drivetrains are stupid simple and the motors, batteries, electronics are not repairable at service centers or in the field. Every repairable component other major body work are pretty much a swap-out. I've been an owner of a Tesla X and now a Y for a total of nearly 6 years. The X was in the shop ONCE for an issue with a suspension air spring module. Mobile service came to my house ONCE to fix a cupholder and adjust my frunk latch while he was it it. All of that stuff was under warranty. Have had the Y for 18 months now. ...I bought a second set of wheels with snow tires for it and I do the seasonal wheel swap myself. Other than my electric costs to charge and topping off the wiper fluid there's like nothing. The Y costs us $10/month for their connectivity package. I'd skip it, but the wife likes some of it and it's the only way to get all the charger locations and info while navigating on road trips so there's that... If it were more than $10/month, we'd probably pass on it since chargers are easy to find these days in most places and we don't worry about it.

sam decker

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Ford Expedition
I'm debating on having a NY meet up so some people can come check out the car. Is this a good idea?
I live in the NY try state area, I would love to come and see the truck. Plus my friend also has one reserved and he would join me. Just let me know.....

AndroidAppBundle

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bianchi
Besides this one reddit user delivery, are there any other "real deliveries"?

I ask, because my trust in Rivian is so low, that I wouldn't put it past them to deliver a vehicle to a normal customer who promises to go make a bunch of social media posts. By making a bunch of noise; all of us get the impression that real customer deliveries are actually happening.

Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I ask, because my trust in Rivian is so low, that I wouldn't put it past them to deliver a vehicle to a normal customer who promises to go make a bunch of social media posts. By making a bunch of noise; all of us get the impression that real customer deliveries are actually happening.
There are two users on Reddit who have taken non-employee deliveries.

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla X Plaid, 2004 s2000, Huracan Evo, +

I’m far from an influencer. If you truly believe this go ahead and short the stock.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
I’m far from an influencer. If you truly believe this go ahead and short the stock.
Yeah, I wouldn’t waste your time explaining. Some people are never satisfied. I’m glad you got your truck, and it seems like it’s awesome, only makes me more excited to get mine!

Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Somebody asked for a under body pic.

Also decided to take the flashlight apart

BCE09CFB-AF45-4FE2-A95D-5CA089011698.jpeg

2BD4D4A3-68B1-40FA-A5ED-45A4F8AF84A8.jpeg
Are you using the Rivian charger at your house, or are you just using the Tesla one? I’m always curious about people who have more than one EV, if they just put a charger on each side of the garage. Thinking about getting two, but will probably need to upgrade my panel from the 200 amp

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla X Plaid, 2004 s2000, Huracan Evo, +
Are you using the Rivian charger at your house, or are you just using the Tesla one? I’m always curious about people who have more than one EV, if they just put a charger on each side of the garage. Thinking about getting two, but will probably need to upgrade my panel from the 200 amp
Using an Enel X juice box Flex. My utility provides rewards and special offpeak rates for data. Also have a Tesla HPWC.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5