kyledmb

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Clubs

Rivian has been giving me an icky feeling lately, like the one you get when you know you're being taken advantage of. Honestly, I'm 50/50 on pulling the plug even though I am only a few weeks from my April/May delivery window. (not just about the tonneau)

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Rivian R1T R1S Updated Powered Tonneau & Manual Tonneau Bed Covers Coming Mid-Summer! RJ Shows Off in First-Look Video 9C4F692E-B6B5-4FFE-B8EA-17BA9EF4F630

No slats, no sections, kinda looks soft to me.

Which makes it a bit flaccid. Just sayin.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Looks like Rivian has new designs for the R1T Manual and Powered Tonneau covers.

They are coming in soon - Mid summer !

No information on the powered tonneau. This video is all about the manual one...

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
If auto tonneau is a soft cover I'd much rather keep my old metal slats.
Can only hope of this is case, that they offer a customer satisfaction campaign that extends the warranty coverage for the original designs a really long time, and then those with working existing covers cam do best to keep them working, knowing when they die someday, that the new units can be installed under the no cost program at that time.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Somehow I don’t think that new power option is a hard material anymore. They ran from that solution pretty quickly in the video. If you look closely as well they’re no slats anymore as well.
And boy did they run…. Sad.

Sponsored

njsimons13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Porche Macan 21 Porsche Taycan 4s 23 Rivian R1T
Clubs

They literally offered no explanation of the new powered cover when that has been the one with the issues. I think it deserved just as much time as the manual cover or more to explain what they’ve done to resolve the issues from before in a 1 min and 30 sec video.

Last edited:

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I did text my guide as I was expecting delivery next month. She says this is for existing owners and no date for new builds. I hope Rivian can give an idea if new builds this year, or next year can have the option of the PTC.
Rivian R1T R1S Updated Powered Tonneau & Manual Tonneau Bed Covers Coming Mid-Summer! RJ Shows Off in First-Look Video IMG_4468

Mickey

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
Not crazy about having a manual cover that has to be removed in order to have an uncovered bed. Also, I would not like giving up my gear storage to carry around the disassembled cover. My storage is for my golf clubs! :CWL::CWL:

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
They literally offered no explanation of the new powered cover when that has been the one with the issues. I think it deserved just as much time manual cover or more to explain what they’ve done to resolve the issues from before In a 1 min and 30 sec video.
looks to me like externally there is no significant difference in functionality, so they probably didn’t bother with demonstrating. little did they know some of us want specific details of materials, etc.

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
I did text my guide as I was expecting delivery next month. She says this is for existing owners and no date for new builds. I hope Rivian can give an idea if new builds this year, or next year can have the option of the PTC.
IMG_4468.png
This must be because of a supply chain issue. Hopefully the new orders can select the automatic cover shortly.
Sponsored