Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Rivian’s colors are best experienced in person – spotted at a trailhead, around town, during your Mobile Drive or in your driveway on delivery day.
If I was hyperbolic I'd say that they are confirming that many of us won't actually see the truck in person before taking delivery.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
1643755152051.png

BTW does anyone know if that is the Rivian Facility in Normal?
That ELA doesn't really reveal anything about color manipulation. Other tools suggest the image probably was edited. But forget the tools for a second, as pointed out in an earlier post, the color of the Rivian badge on the side is 100% wrong so this is definitely a color edited image.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Colors Feature (including Limestone!!): EARTH TONES - The inspiration behind the Rivian palette. limestone_image_edited

Last edited:

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Now, let's see all the colors on the R1S

That ELA doesn't really reveal anything about color manipulation. Other tools suggest the image probably was edited. But forget the tools for a second, as pointed out in an earlier post, the color of the Rivian badge on the side is 100% wrong so this is definitely a color edited image.

limestone_image_edited.png

Correct but ELA would show compression levels and normal pic would have nothing really while anything that was "SHOPPED" together Id imagine would have a varying amount, edited pic could also mean color/size/format etc id imagine. In either case from what we have the image does look legitimate unless someone who is good with photo forensics tell me otherwise. Im a newb and only so Stenography stuff.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Isn't Red Canyon also relatively new?? Can't keep up with the colors and resisting looking so I don't change my mind for the umpteenth time!!

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Correct but ELA would show compression levels and normal pic would have nothing really while anything that was "SHOPPED" together Id imagine would have a varying amount, edited pic could also mean color/size/format etc id imagine. In either case from what we have the image does look legitimate unless someone who is good with photo forensics tell me otherwise. Im a newb and only so Stenography stuff.
The image is legit in the sense that it is not a composition, ie they didn't superimpose the R1T on an arbitrary background (unlike the Mona Lisa above). They absolutely have edited the colors, something the ELA isn't as good at identifying.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Sometimes I swear I wandered into a Qanon forum and not a Rivian forum. Everything's a conspiracy 'round these parts.

I'll believe it's Limestone when JFK Jr. wheels it into the Rotunda for Don Jr's surprise inauguration ceremony!

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Is it me, or does it look like it's Pshopped? I hope I'm wrong!

Edit: Actually can almost guarantee it's shopped. They forgot to not apply the filter to the Rivian logo on the side of the truck with the yellow edges. OOPS.
FWIW, the Compass Yellow in this group photo also looks like it may have been photoshopped. At the very least, the chrome-faced Rivian badge does not look like it does in the Configurator.

The question about the Limestone being possibly photoshopped seemed to be tainted somewhat by the angle of the pic "in the wild". With both pics here of the Compass Yellow, the camera is pretty much perpendicular to the side of the truck. The Configurator shot clearly shows chrome badging similar to every other color. The outdoor pic from the new posting shows the potential for having the Compass Yellow color photoshopped into that picture, similar to what is suspected with the Limestone.

If anyone wants to argue that the real life photo shows the reflection of the yellow highway line making the chrome appear yellow, I have a Nikola Badger I will sell you for a large sack of unmarked Benjamins.... ?

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Colors Feature (including Limestone!!): EARTH TONES - The inspiration behind the Rivian palette. Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 3.22.36 PM
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Colors Feature (including Limestone!!): EARTH TONES - The inspiration behind the Rivian palette. 20220201_144500

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

FWIW, the Compass Yellow in this group photo also looks like it may have been photoshopped. At the very least, the chrome-faced Rivian badge does not look like it does in the Configurator.

The question about the Limestone being possibly photoshopped seemed to be tainted somewhat by the angle of the pic "in the wild". With both pics here of the Compass Yellow, the camera is pretty much perpendicular to the side of the truck. The Configurator shot clearly shows chrome badging similar to every other color. The outdoor pic from the new posting shows the potential for having the Compass Yellow color photoshopped into that picture, similar to what is suspected with the Limestone.

If anyone wants to argue that the real life photo shows the reflection of the yellow highway line making the chrome appear yellow, I have a Nikola Badger I will sell you for a large sack of unmarked Benjamins.... ?

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 3.22.36 PM.jpg
20220201_144500.jpg
The Canyon Red has the same look I do think its the color granding and filtering that is throwing everyone off.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Colors Feature (including Limestone!!): EARTH TONES - The inspiration behind the Rivian palette. 1643757780121

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
This seems like a good time to remind folks that literally every marketing photo you've ever seen has been edited, especially for e.g. color and contrast. "Edited" and "faked" are not in the same ballpark.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I think this was edited.

1643756699156.png
I'm pretty sure you're right. If MoLi had really been at the wheel of that thing, that smirk would be replaced by a massive perma-grin on that face of hers. The non-windblown hair was another giveaway.

Hell, the R1T could cause a supermodel to crack a smile, even with Botox! ?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

This seems like a good time to remind folks that literally every marketing photo you've ever seen has been edited, especially for e.g. color and contrast. "Edited" and "faked" are not in the same ballpark.
Kyle,

You're so right. It happens all the time. That said, it boggles my mind that they wouldn't make certain that the brand nameplate appears perfectly in every shot.
Sponsored