Sponsored

LAUNCH GREEN R1T Photos

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
I have the opposite problem - I like to see more of the green, which seems to primarily be under direct sunlight. The photos under overcast skies look a little too grey for me, and that's what the weather is going to be for half the year where I am (Seattle).
That's a good point. I am in Florida so it'll be more green than grey.

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Got my first "up close" view of the R1T today in Bend! Truck looks bigger in-person than it does in photographs. Interestingly, the truck had 22" bright sport wheels with M/T off-road tires. Talked to another guy who was also looking at the truck. He has an early pre-order an expects to get his R1T in the May-June time-frame. Turns out he lives up the street from me! Said he'd give me a ride when it comes in. Can't wait!!!

Rivian R1T R1S LAUNCH GREEN R1T Photos IMG_20220203_101740

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

That's a good point. I am in Florida so it'll be more green than grey.
I've observed the opposite in person. It looks greener on cloudy days more grey on sunny days. Photos may be deceiving.

Sponsored

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Spotted in Austin, TX parking garage.

gkujpjespmg81.jpg
I want to change my configuration so badly on my LG R1S to the 20" dark A/T's, but Rivian chat has said it might change my delivery window... too risky to rock the boat, until I can ask an actual Guide if that is still a thing.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I want to change my configuration so badly on my LG R1S to the 20" dark A/T's, but Rivian chat has said it might change my delivery window... too risky to rock the boat, until I can ask an actual Guide if that is still a thing.
Do you mean also paying the exorbitant pricing for dark wheels? Or hoping that Rivian allows no-charge substitution for a Launch Edition model when sticking with the 20's? Pretty sure when wheels were initially revealed that Rivian said you get the regular 20's included on the L.E. but any other choice pays like a non-L.E. order outside of the base 21's.

If you could substitute then I would take the dark 20's in a heartbeat!

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Do you mean also paying the exorbitant pricing for dark wheels? Or hoping that Rivian allows no-charge substitution for a Launch Edition model when sticking with the 20's? Pretty sure when wheels were initially revealed that Rivian said you get the regular 20's included on the L.E. but any other choice pays like a non-L.E. order outside of the base 21's.

I'd be a sucker and pay the premium... Not sure if a powder coat would be able to replicate the two-tone gloss black, and metallic black as from factory.

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition

I've long maintained that LE holders should have the option to upgrade to the darks for the difference in price between the regular 20s ($1800, which we get for free) and the dark 20s ($3500). That would amount to a $1,700 up charge, which I would be comfortable with spending instead of trying to powder coat. Can easily apply to the 22s too. But convincing Rivian to change wheel pricing based on (gasp) logic?? Good luck.

Edit: The LE comes with any non-dark wheels free of charge which includes the regular 20s, the bright 20s, and the bright sport 22s.

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S-LE preorder
This is interesting information. I am also LG R1S with 20" AT dark wheels. Never occurred to me that wheel selection could impact delivery timing. If only I had a guide to talk with...

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

I did it, they said it wouldn’t

i hope

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
My wife spotted this one in the wild at a downtown Seattle parking garage this afternoon:

Rivian R1T R1S LAUNCH GREEN R1T Photos 1EC20F29-2A69-401E-8F1C-C64765DAA8A6